Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WHAT A HEARTBREAKER

Kenny and I took it easy last night to watch the big game with Memphis playing Kansas in the championship. Susan came over with cheese dip (yum) and that was about all we did.

Last night I was pulling for Memphis but I did not CARE who won. But today I decided that I care more than I thought I did. I am really sad for the Memphis tigers. I think it is because they were so close to having the fairy tale ending. If only they had just made ONE free throw. Why oh why could they not make one free throw! And then......that unbelievable three pointer by Kansas. We all knew it was bad when the game went into overtime. But the overtime play was just sad. You could tell how desperately Memphis wanted it. Uuuugh! I even woke up in the middle of the night last night and remembered that Memphis lost and got sad all over again.

I think that I am so sad that Memphis lost because during March madness the city of Memphis was more positive. The nightly news was more upbeat and featured the Tigers progress every night, and it just seemed like everybody had something to root for. Now its over. It is just sad.

On a positive note: Kenny was going to win one of his bracket pools no matter who won the tournament. So either way we were set. Since Kansas won he finished first in the bracket pool at work. More bragging rights there, so no complaints. And we are rich!(Just kidding) We nothing.....right Kenny?

No comments: