Wednesday, April 7, 2010

THE LAST SONG


Let me begin by saying. I loved the BOOK The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks so incredibly much. One of the best books that I had read in a long time. Not to mention that I cried my eyes out. I will most likely read it again.

So understandably I was really excited about going to see the movie The Last Song. Yes, I know it has Miley in it but I also already knew that she was playing Ronnie and had looked at the other cast members. When I was reading the book my characters in my head were similar to the movie characters.

All in all I was very disappointed in the movie. I know when you read the book it is always better than the movie but Dear John was close enough to the book so I thought this would be the same. Not so. Soooooo much of the book was left out. And I felt like the deep relationships that were formed in the book were not even shown in the movie. I just felt so unattached to the characters. The movie just whizzed everything along and everything was so insignificant where as the book made you really think. I don't know. I just was not happy. I give this movie a C-


Oh and P.S. Go read the book!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's what I thought about Dear John. Book was WAYYYYY better!