Monday, August 16, 2010

BIRTHDAY WEEKDAY AND A BIG SURPRISE!!!


So today is my 27th birthday! Woop Woop! Just kidding. I feel old. But why obsess over age I guess. Anyway, I was happy because Kenny was able to be here to celebrate for the entire weekend. Last year he was out of town on my birthday. It was something he couldn't help. He and I had an amazing weekend of relaxing and enjoying hanging out together.

On Friday, we stayed in because I am always wiped out on Fridays. We brought home some food and watched When In Rome. Which the parts I saw because I slept through 98% of it were H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! I mean really really really bad! Saturday morning Kenny and I went and grabbed breakfast together before Kenny went to a golf lesson. When he came back he had my birthday cake, a Cold Stone ice cream cake! It was so good! Then we went to do a little shopping to spend some of my birthday money. I wanted to get some things for fall and for the football games. It is so hard when you start buying new fall clothes because it is still sooooo hot here and you know you won't be able to wear any of your new stuff for months!

After our shopping trip where I got some really cute things Kenny and I came home to get ready for our dinner reservations at Restaurant Iris. He was dying for me to open my presents before we went so I gave in. Kenny got me a Kindle which I am completely pumped about and a case for it, some new Rainbow sandals which I had asked for, and he also contributed to the shopping! He did such a good job! Then it was off to dinner at Iris. It was so delicious and I definitely recommend it for a special occasion. They do such a good job at making you feel welcome and helping to celebrate! After dinner we were so full that we pretty much came home and went to bed! Ha! Like I said 27 is old!

On Sunday we got up and I made pancakes and then we ate them in bed while we watched Extraordinary Measures. The movie with Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser. Brendan Fraser is a pretty bad actor but the movie itself was really good. Then we spent the rest of the day running errands and then watching the PGA golf tourney. Kenny forces me to watch golf all the time, in turn I have to say I have kind of gotten into it. Yesterday's tourney was intense! This week I am planning on going out with my girl friends to celebrate. They have agreed to let me drag them to the movie Charlie St. Cloud since its my birthday and all!


And now if you are still here after that very loooooong weekend update!
THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

BABY LACEY IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!
That's right! Kenny and I are absolutely thrilled to announce that we are having a baby due on February 27. I am three months! I am sorry that I do not have a really fun ultrasound picture of the baby. But I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and feel weird about showing you the inside of my uterus without a cute little baby in there!! But we have seen and heard the heartbeat twice and hope and pray all is well in there as he/she continues to grow!

We will definitely be finding out what gender Baby Lacey is and don't worry I will be sharing our journey as we move through this very exciting time in our lives!

17 comments:

Lived With Love said...

aww congrats!!

Elizabeth said...

Aw, Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Happy birthday AND congrats!

Joey and Kristin Lindley said...

congrats!!! such exciting news!

Joeli said...

Congratulations Mallory!!!!
Please contact me if you are ever around Oxford! would love to catch up with an old Chi O sista! ha!

Anonymous said...

YAY for the big reveal!! Of course your know I'm thrilled for you and Kenny!! Ya'll will be great parents!!

Tracy

Marian said...

Oh wow...what great news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

CBK said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Happy belated birthday :)

Anonymous said...

OMG We must do lunch soon. Please call me!

The Billy Drane Family said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on the news of Baby Lacey!

Melissa said...

Oh wow, congrats!!! And, happy birthday!!

The Overstreets said...

Congrats Mallory and Happy Birthday too!!!! I'm so happy for you and Kenny!

And, yes, we love Mrs. Shipp!!!

Little Miss Diva said...

Happy Birthday & Congratulations on your pregnancy!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Happy Birthday and CONGRATS!!!! How exciting:)

Claire Gillentine said...

congrats!! Thats awesome! So excited for you!

Sara Beth Green said...

I could not be any happier for you two!!! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mallory! You'll be a great mom :)

Lindsey (Blackwell) Harris