Monday, February 19, 2018

VALENTINES DAY WITH OUR LOVES

I probably said this last year too but Valentine's has risen to one of my favorite holidays. I realize it isn't a real holiday but I told Kenny the other day I have come to appreciate it because its not a stressful one. Not a lot of pressure to go over the top. It is one day and then its over. I enjoy helping the kids with their Valentine's and I also think the class parties are the most fun because you kid to get hand out the Valentine's to your friends. Plus even if it is cheesy it is fun to celebrate the ones you love!

A few weeks before Valentine's I picked up a few happies for the kids to put in their Valentine's buckets. I surprised them with them at their breakfast spots along with powdered donuts for breakfast!  Elle had gone with me to CVS one day when she was home sick from school and asked to pick Kenny and I each out a card and a treat. She held on to them and spent the morning decorating them for us and was so excited to present us with our Valentine's from her! It was so sweet! Walker was so incredibly pumped for Valentine's Day it was funny. I had put together his Valentine's a week prior and he had gotten his eyes on them and they had Paw Patrol Stickers with gummy bears and we explained to him that they were to hand out to his friends and he seriously could not wait. We probably talked about the Valentine's Day Party with his class every single day for 2-2 weeks!
Walker's Valentine Bucket
Junk food for breakfast!
Elle presenting Kenny with his Valentine. She knows him so well! A huge Reese's heart!
Elle's Valentine bucket.
Wrote us the sweetest cards.

My card and treat from Elle.
Elle was excited to get a mermaid barbie to replace the one 
Walker accidentally broke a week or so earlier.
Walker got some monster slippers he loved and a couple Mickey Roadster Racer cars.
Enjoying her breakfast!




My original Valentine!

Charlie got a little love and wore Elle's Valentine necklace!
Picture of Elle's Valentine's for her classmates. Her teacher 
sent home the class list and asked them to label them on their own.
Both ready to head out to school for a fun day!

I was so excited to pick Walker up and hear all about his party and also watch him go through his Valentine's bag. He couldn't help himself and started digging in the car! He probably had half his candy eaten by the time he got home. My little sweet eater! When we got home Kenny was there and we both sat down with him to go through his bag! He loved that! 
So excited for his Valentines!

Later that afternoon I went up to Elle's school so I could be with her for her class party. It was lots of fun and I enjoyed watching her attentively hand out her Valentines.


Sweet girl getting them all handed out.


Enjoying her snacks and looking forward to going through her loot!
Obligatory party selfie with my girl!

Kenny and I don't normally celebrate Valentine's much other than maybe getting some takeout but this year we made reservations for the 5 course Valentine's Day dinner at Old Waverly with the Cooks and the Walters.  It was so good and super fun to do something different and we enjoyed doing it with couples!
Picture of the water color menu. I may of been indecisive and couldn't 
decided between the desserts so I got both and ate every bite of both!
They gave all the ladies a rose on our way out.
I ordered the kids and Lacey and Cole who babysat some heart shaped pizzas for dinner!