Tuesday, September 26, 2017

MEET LUCY LACEY

We've been pet free since we lost Lena and we were okay with that. Kenny and I have talked about having an outdoor kitty for a long time now. The kids love love love a kitty and I grew up with cats and have always loved them too. The only problem is that Kenny is very allergic so having a indoor kitty just wasn't an option. So I have been keeping my eye out for a cute kitty that was pretty young so we could enjoy a kitten for a long time and so that it could bond with us too.

So last week a girl I know in Starkville posted that she had two kittens left from a litter and they were both so cute. I struck up a conversation with her and asked about them. I explained to her that we were wanting an outdoor cat and also wanted to know if she thought either of them was a girl. She did a little peeking and decided that she thought this cute little thing in the picture below might be a girl. We still aren't 100% sure but we will see! I didn't tell the kids and I met up with her the next morning. Walker was with me and was so excited when I got back in the car with her. He kept saying "I have a kitty! I have a kitty!" We had to run the kitten home and then headed out for bible study. Finally when we came home we were able to play with her a little bit. Elle had cheer camp all week and didn't get home until 5 every day. I was so excited to bring her home and surprise her. We borrowed a cage/kennel for her to live in that we decided to keep in the garage and Kenny was outside when we pulled in. We got out of the car and Elle quickly heard the kitten meowing. She was so happy! So happy! She was immediately in love! We had a quick family dinner and then Elle got a quick shower and settled in for some bonding time of her own. We also told her that she could choose the kitten's name and we were thrilled when she settled on the name Lucy. Lucy Lacey has the cutest ring to it and hearing Walker say it too is amazing.   Needless to say, I am writing this post a week after we got little Lucy and we all love her! Even Kenny!
Just picked her up and on her way to her new home!
Sweetest little face!
Checking it all out. So curious!
Her personal little spot in the garage.

Sending Daddy selfies.
Elle so excited for her new kitten!

The kids didn't fight over the kitten but they fought over this cat toy I had bought.

All clean and loving on Lucy so hard.



Lucy sound asleep.
Walker checking in.
Saying goodnight.
Kenny getting acquainted too.
Walker enjoyed some one on one time with her the next day while Elle was at school.
Daddy got some cuddles with the kids and the kitten the night he left to leave for his golf trip.
When the kids go to bed I get her out for some time too.

Today Walker went into the garage and got Lucy out on his own and was 
so proud to act big and carry her around.

No comments: