Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND

Our little family had a great long weekend of hanging out, watching the Casey Anthony trial closing arguments, a movie date and then a Fourth of July BBQ with friends. It was one of the weekends that did not seem to fly by. It went by slowly.

On Saturday, Kenny and I just hung out around the house and then we grilled out that night. After we ate we all loaded up and went to Cheffie's for some gelato. I love their gelato. I was telling someone the other day that when you have a baby you can't have any spontaneous dessert runs. We put Elle down no later than 8 pm so if a YoLo urge strikes you can't really go out and get it. So Saturday night we planned on eating early so I could get my fix.

On Sunday, we watched the closing arguments for the Casey Anthony trial in the morning. Then my lovely sister was gracious enough to babysit for us so Kenny and I could have a date. We are so lucky to have her in the same city. We went to brunch at Bronte in the Davis Kidd bookstore and then we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. Kenny loves those movies. I thought the third one was horrible but this one was much better.
This one had gorgeous mermaids. And I have to say the whole mermaid storyline made me really enjoy the movie. After our date which was heavenly, (Man! We miss going to the movies so much) we came home and Kenny grilled out BBQ baby back ribs and grilled corn. It was delicious.

This weekend I also made my first round of baby food. I made carrots and sweet potatoes. I calculated that I saved around $15 dollars compared to the price of jarred organic baby food and it is better for her to. Score!


Monday afternoon to celebrate the holiday we went to our friend's parent's house to have a potluck celebration and then go see fireworks. There was so much food. And so many kids and adults. It was a lot of fun. Elle was so busy watching everyone she ended up falling asleep in our arms at one point so we let her nap in the car seat. Once it got dark someone had bought a bunch of bottle rockets and sparklers so all the kids (with parents) were having fun shooting those.

And do not get excited. I am NOT four months pregnant as it might appear in this picture. I need to not arch my back and poke out my food belly in such a way.

After the party we were all supposed to go and watch a firework show but Elle was up past her bedtime and honestly Kenny and I were a little beat so we decided to call it a night.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend as well!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lopez said...

Glad you had a great weekend and got to have a date night!