Friday, July 10, 2015

WALKER MONTH 8

Happy 8 months Walker.  Oh my goodness do we adore him! He has transformed into an predictable happy and funny little baby boy. He is finally sleeping through the night most nights.  If he does wake up it is usually around 4AM for a bottle and then back to bed until I get him out of the bed at 7.  I can totally handle that! As much as I wanted to fight it, sleep training has made him happier and made it easier to manage our household. Walker rarely cries unless he is tired or hungry.  Both of those things are so easy to fix!

This month is all about food! Walker knows what he wants and he gets it.  We tried and tried with purees.  And I was so late starting him on any food besides a bottle so I thought he would be starving for them and gobble them up.  He hated them and me shoving the spoon his mouth.  So once we got our new high chair (the Boon Flair -love!) we strap him in and give him huge chunks of table foods. We started with things that he could gum. Pancakes, waffles, bananas, green beans, avocado, that sort of thing. I was worried about getting protein in him so we do scrambled eggs and meatballs that I found at the grocery store. I have also put peanut butter on bread for him and he does not seem to be allergic and his absolute favorite thing is a cheese stick. Still no teeth but I think he might have a bottom tooth poking through but he will not let me get a good look.

I will say that I think our Walker man might be following in his sister's footsteps of being a lazy late term preemie.  He is doing way better than Elle did. But he isn't sitting up for long periods of time or his own.  He isn't crawling yet but he has made some good efforts. We might get there in a few weeks.  I am okay with lazy babies though.  I can already tell Walker is going to get into things more than Elle did so the longer we are immobile the better.

Here are some pictures from the last month.  Some repeats like always! You will see Elle in a lot of these because they are the cutest thing together.  They love each other so hard it is so fun to watch.  She has started playing with him a good bit.  She loves to make him laugh and he always laughs the most at her.  And he just loves watching her play with her toys and be silly. I can't wait to watch their friendship grow.
Elle asks to hold Walker a good bit.  Now that he is bigger and less delicate 
she does a great job and I am not a nervous wreck.
Can't you see the love.
We go over to Aunt Ava and Craigs house a lot to swim and hang out.  Walker adores his Aunt Ava!

Playing outside. It must of been a cooler morning because 
Walker does not really like being outside and hot.

Sitting up on his own for a little bit. We do try and practice when we can.
Playing on the "computer" together.
I love this picture of the two of us. Sweet boy.
Elle went and got her babies on this morning.
I braved the grocery with both of them one afternoon after we had been at the pool all day.  Walker was called a she like three times while we were in the store.  Guess we won't wear that outfit again.
Sweet pictures at CeCe's.

Early morning babies.
Reading books and playing.
Trying out his new carseat.

And devouring a cheese stick.

Piling on Daddy during dinner.

No comments: