Tuesday, December 5, 2017

BUSY DECEMBER WEEKEND

We had a super busy week and weekend last week and of course now I am nursing a cold and really everyone else might have it now too. Never fails if I get worn down in the slightest then I get sick. It is also of course just the time of year. Thursday night I went with some friends to my friend Mandee's annual ornament swap. It was at the Grill this year and we all had a really good time even if the ornament I really liked got stolen from me from one of my good friends of all people!
 Most of the crowd at the party.
Shutting the place down at the end of the night.

Friday night Kenny and I met friends up at the country club for  a ugly sweater dinner and holiday cocktail demonstrations. I lined up a babysitter for Walker and Elle but Elle ended up being invited to her first sleepover at a little girls house from her class. It was quite the shin dig! More on that in a sec! So our sitter came and just kept Walker. She snapped a couple pictures of Kenny and I before we left.
Kenny and I in our ugly Christmas sweaters.
My friend Sarah and I ended up wearing the same sweater.
Cal in his onesie and Jay with his kitty sweater.
Jack as Uncle Eddie and drinking out of his moose mug while Will 
demonstrated cocktails in the background.
Missy and Sarah
Group pictures at the end of the night always turn out better.

So back to Elle's sleepover. I was initially nervous as to how Elle would do with her first sleepover but she did amazing and we never even had a meltdown the whole weekend even though she stayed up very late and was very tired! She didn't call me to pick her up at bedtime and she came home very happy from all the fun. So a total win! The sleepover kept growing and growing and the little girl Naomi's mom is a rockstar saint in my opinion. I don't know if I could ever have 12 little girls at my house. She did have some help with some of the girl's moms and a couple of college girls. But I she picked up a group of them from school that Friday afternoon and then they had a birthday party for a classmate that night before they went home to play hard outside all night and roast marshmallows. They had a big time! I was told that Elle was one of the last to go to sleep at 12:30 and one of the first to wake up at 6:30. Yikes! 
In the car after Mrs. Tasha picked them up at school.
They swung by Doodlebugs where a few of them got their pictures with Santa.
Popsicles!
Everyone had their presents for Briana's party.
Pizza Party at Lost Pizza.
Playing outside late into the night.

In their pajamas and settling in for a movie.

Saturday morning Elle's friend Audrey Caroline's mom brought her home and I let there lay down to watch movies and rest because she had Naomi's birthday party that afternoon at the Paint the Pottery Place. I was so nervous our mood wasn't going to be so great from being so tired. But we made it through and Elle had a great time at the party.
Painting a puppy dog.
Enjoying cake and ice cream with Ella.

After we came home I fed her some dinner and she was asleep before 5:30!

No comments: