Wednesday, May 16, 2018

ELLE FIELD DAY AND TALENT SHOW

Elle had a super busy week last week during one of her last weeks of school. They had their field day which was lots of fun and very hot. I did not sign up to help because I wasn't sure if I was going to go. Sometimes Elle has more fun when I am not at those types of things. But several of my friends sent me pictures of her and texts saying she was asking when I would be there so I ran up there for a little bit and got to go to a couple stations with her which was fun. Then I was able to check her out just a few minutes early which always makes her happy!
Ready in the morning for school and field day in the afternoon!


Enjoying some cold popsicles after their games.




Some of the boys in Elle's class.
We ran into Elle's favorite babysitter and high school friend, Lake.
She was starving when we got in the car so she asked to go get 
some chicken tenders from Dairy Queen!

Then Thursday was a huge night for Elle and our family! A few months ago, Elle and her friends decided they wanted to be in the school talent show. They rehearsed a couple times together and were going to dance to A Greatest Showman song. But ultimately the group amicably went their separate ways. Collier and Elle both decided to sing solos and Audrey and Ella decided to join with two other girls to do a different dance number.  We had just been to see Wicked so Elle chose to sing Popular from Wicked. We found an edited down version and started practicing. We were a little unsure if Elle would be able to perform but she was enthusiastic about it and so we figured we would just ride the train and see what happened!  The two weeks before we practiced and I knew she was ready. We had lots of moves and gestures down to go along with the song and she knew her lyrics very well. So we were so proud of her for the way she prepared and practiced. 

There were 20 acts total in the talent show. Elle's friend Collier was up first. Elle was 9th and the other little dance group was 10. Kenny and I were so nervous. All the acts were able to sit in chairs and watch the other acts. The show was in the gym and it was bright in there with a ton of people. All the parents said there was no way we would have the guts to get up in front of all those people! But she did it! She did it! She was very nervous as were almost all the acts and didn't do every single motion we had practiced but she sang well and was so sweet in her performance. We were so incredibly happy for her and so happy it was over. It was a lot of anticipation in the weeks before!
Walking in to go to the performance!
Daddy gave her flowers of course!
Elle and Collier. So proud of both of them!

Audrey and Ella (part of the dance crew)

Elle's teacher Mrs. Cappleman came to watch her and Collier. She was so proud of Elle.
All the performers getting ready to take their final bows.
Elle asked to go to DQ after the show so of course we obliged.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The characters of the show are the true stars here, I loved every single one of them. watch movies 2k They were all great with amazingly interesting flaws and the way they mix and clash with one another was fun to see unfold. megashare9.tv They certainly help to carry this show although I would say that the government antagonists of the show felt a little flat and under developed and not nearly as memorable.

Production values are also quite good with some beautiful cinematography, editing, lighting and sound. My goodness I loved their music choices. I would say that the CGI does look a little obvious and from time to time I did notice some issues where the scenes didn't look quite up to scratch. losmovies I do think however I've been spoiled for visual quality since Game of Thrones so I would take that criticism with a grain of salt because it certainly didn't detract from the overall experience. The setting and style of everything in the locations where also great to see and felt real and interesting. 123movies to The way everything was shot also captures every moment expertly and really helps to draw out those story moments with greater emotion.

Stranger Things is one of those special shows that I stumbled across and after the opening I knew I was hooked. zmovie Its exciting dark tale is expertly woven through its 8 episode run time and I know I will be back to re-watch this one. The ending is fairly well rapped up with a few loose story threads left hanging, with a promise for potential follow on seasons but the story is quite satisfyingly rapped up by the end. Memorable, exciting, dark and haunting Netflix knocks Stranger Things out of the park, 10/10.