Thursday, July 26, 2018

LAS VEGAS TRIP FOR 2018

I just got home the other day from a quick trip to Las Vegas with Kenny.  I believe we counted and this is the 6th year that I have gone out to Vegas with Kenny for a few days before he stays for furniture market. This year's trip was more of the same. Margaret and Jay joined us again this year. They haven't come the last couple of years. We know we love the Wynn and we know what we like to do which is go out to eat, go to the spa and go to the pool. We usually do a show too but didn't this time.  Our travel out to Vegas was delayed a good bit so it made for a long day so the first night we got there we just went to our favorite restaurant at the Wynn called La Cave.

The next morning was the final morning of the Open golf tournament so Kenny and I went and got almond crescents and coffee at the cafe downstairs and watched the tournament in our room. We have done this almost every year. It is fun to repeat small traditions like that. A little later I went down to the Spa to relax and watch the tournament and then had an amazing massage. After my massage I met Margaret and Jay and Kenny down at the pool where we stayed the rest of the day hanging out before we went back to our rooms to get ready for dinner. That night we had dinner at STK. It is one of our favorite restaurants and it is always a good time! Our reservations weren't until 8 and it is a longer dinner so we turned in after that. 

The next day was another relaxing day at the pool and an early lunch at our favorite spot Terrace Point Cafe. We had dinner that night at a new place called Carbone's. It is in the Aria and it is Italian. I loved the atmosphere so much and the food was amazing too! We will definitely go back! The next day it was time for me to fly home so Kenny could continue to be there for market. 

CeCe kept Walker and Elle while we were gone and they have a easy going visit. Elle the social butterfly was in and out spending the night with friends and running errands with CeCe. They went to the pool several times and Walker had PDO one morning. CeCe is still recovering from breaking her back so she was a total trooper for completing the tasks! I am so grateful Kenny and I were able to have some time together on this trip and I am already for him to get home!
Our almond crescents while we watch The Open.
Eating lunch at our favorite Terrace Point Cafe.
Ready for dinner at STK.

Pre Dinner Cocktail before dinner.

Stopping in the men's store for a picture in the cool chairs.


Elle spent the night with Mary Kenway one night when we were gone and they went to church in the morning. Jennifer sent me the sweetest pictures of them!

Ready for dinner on the last night.

Cocktails at Carbone before dinner. I loved the bar so much.



My friends are always so nice to send me pictures of Elle while we are gone. 
Got this one from Audrey Caroline's mom when they were at the pool!

No comments: