Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WEEKEND RECAP-PARIS!!!

So this weekend I flew to Paris!!! It was amazing!!!





Just kidding!! Ha! Did I fool you?? Can you believe that there is a miniature replica of the Eiffel Tower in the very small town of Paris, Tennessee???

I was so excited to be able to tag along with my friends Joe and Tracy to their family's lake house. We joined Joe's parents and they adopted me into the family for the weekend so that I could celebrate my birthday relaxing by the lake. Kenny was out of town for a market he had to attend. So I was on my own. Joe's parents were even nice enough to let me bring Lena. So we had as many dogs as we did people.


So this was my view for the weekend!!!




And this is literally what Lena did all weekend!

She swam and swam and played. She was so happy and so tired by the end of the weekend.

We took the boat out for a long spin around Kentucky lake and ate lunch at a bar/restaurant that you pull your boat up to and they served us wine coolers in slush form. I am not kidding. And they were so delicious!!! It really was such a fun day.

However, I have forgotten that I am no longer a bronzed beauty that tans easily and am now a fair-skinned girl. I do not know what I was thinking not wearing any sunscreen and being out in the sun all day. I am paying the price. Aloe Vera is not soothing this burn. Won't make that mistake again. It is only Tuesday and I am already peeling!

When I arrived home Sunday evening Kenny was home and I was so happy to see him. He had picked up Chinese takeout and flowers and we crashed after our Sunday night television.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope your sunburn gets better... I've sooo been there before. Ouch.