Monday, June 28, 2010

HALFWAY THROUGH

Summer is flying by! And since May was so incredibly crazy for us we have tried to slow it down in June. Try being the key word. So that brings me here. I know I haven't blogged in a while. But its official! I'm back and I promise to make more of an effort. Hope there are still a few of you guys reading!

This picture is funny but it looks sorta like theirs.

Last weekend our friends Joe and Tracy invited a big group of us to their families new lake/river house. It was so nice and the best thing was Joe and Tracy just bought a pontoon boat and I have to say I am a smidge obsessed. They have always had a ski boat but I have officially jumped on the pontoon bandwagon. We had like 12 people on there and 5 coolers and it was so much room. And there is something to be said for just jumping off and floating in the water for hours on end. It was so fun!

My poor skin hasn't seen a natural way of getting a tan in a few years so I of course got a mild sunburn WITH suncreen reapplied but it was so worth it!

This weekend my mom came in town. She just got back from the Camen Islands so it was fun to hear about her trip. Friday night Kenny was itching to cook a meal so he had me pick out what I wanted. I have to say it was amazing. He made these maple slow cooked country ribs and horse radish restuffed potatoes that were worthy to feed to company. It was soooo good.

On Saturday my mom and I went and got pedicures and went to get some art framed and then headed up to Brookhaven Pub to watch the USA soccer game. It was so much fun watching the game in a packed bar full of people. It was kind of crazy how loud it got when USA scored.It was sad when USA lost but they just seemed tired. After the game we went to see Knight and Day. The new Tom Cruise movie. It was cute. I won't give a whole review but it was funny, totally unrealistic, made me want to go to Spain and a remote Caribbean Island, and Tom Cruise did not bug me in it despite his bad outfit choices (one included a jean shirt and black jeans). I would give the movie a
-B

Hoping this weekend flies by because Kenny and I are excited about our 4th of July plans!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you're back on the blogging bandwagon! And, FYI, I'd rather be on a pontoon boat anyday. It's a party on the water and sooo roomy and relaxing! :)