Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WEEK 17


Sorry for no weekend recap. Kenny and I had such a fun weekend. We might of had a little old married couple date night on Friday night as in we went to dinner and did a little grocery shopping. Then on the way home we talked about when we got so old and lame. Honestly though I kind of enjoyed spending the time with Kenny on our date night.

On Saturday we met up with our friends Lowe and Lauren and their little girl Shelton and all went to the Cooper Young Festival in Midtown. It was a lot of fun but the weather had decided it wasn't ready for fall and it was H-O-T. But right at the point where I started thinking we needed to leave we grabbed some lunch at Young Avenue Deli in the air conditioner. After that I felt better.

Saturday night we grilled out with some friends to watch the State game. We were really hoping our Dawgs would play well but that just didn't happen. We will see what happens with the Georgia game. I know we can do it!!

And of course here is the weekly update!

17 WEEKS
Here is what our guestroom/soon to be nursery is starting to look like. Those boxes contain our new crib and mattress and some other things. I reserved our storage unit to start clearing out the guest room soon. We have an attic but we just feel more comfortable putting our stuff in a climate controlled place. Especially since I might be moving my seasonal wardrobe back and forth from the unit since we need more closet space for baby. Once we get the room cleared we will paint and then nursery decorating will commence. My goal is to have it done by or before Christmas so that I can relax and enjoy the holidays.
How far along? 17 weeks 3 Days My my phone app says the baby is the size of a large sweet potato this week.

Total weight gain/loss? I have gained almost 3lbs. Still feeling feeling pretty good about that.

Maternity clothes? Along with the nursery purchases I went on a little maternity clothing shopping spree. It was time and HALLELUJAH!! Maternity clothes are amazing. I guess I didn't realize how truly uncomfortable I was until I got some clothes that fit! I got some really cute dresses for work, some skinny jeans, leggings and a couple of tops. My friend Mollie also gave me some of hers. So now I can just add stuff as I go along.

Stretch marks? None. Hoping it stays that way.

Sleep? The earplugs are helping but I am waking up really early and not getting back to sleep. This morning I was up at 4:45 and finally just decided to get out of bed. I watched last night's episode of Glee again. Ha! It was so good!

Best moment last week? Spending time with friends. Getting our first baby shipments and like I said the gift from baby Jesus of maternity clothes.

Movement? Okay I am pretty convinced that I am feeling baby ALOT now. I love it and can't wait until Kenny can feel it too.

Food cravings? Pickles, Spicy Stuff, Pepper Jack Cheese, Haribo Gummy Bears,(they have to be Haribo) Orange Flavored drinks

Gender? Prediction: Still 100% convinced its a boy. We are so close to finding out!

Labor signs? No. I wouldn't know if I was. Ha!

Belly button in/out? In.

What I miss: I am pretty happy right now. There aren't to many things I am missing these days.

What I am looking forward to: We find out what Baby Lacey is next week! I am so thrilled and can't wait! I have a lot of stuff picked out for the nursery that is somewhat gender specific so once I know what we are having I will start nursery stuff! I'm also incredibly ready to know that this baby is 100% healthy. We haven't seen the babe since I was 6 weeks pregnant so I know that once I hear that everything is just fine my happiness will know no boundaries!

And as always non-baby related notes:
- I am getting to see some of my best friends this weekend and I am so excited! It will be the first time since I got pregnant!
- I will also hopefully be watching the Bulldogs defeat the Bulldogs. And surely you know what Bulldogs I am going for.
- The season premier of Glee was A-MAZING last night! Like I said I already watched it twice and I downloaded all the music before the show started. That show has the ability to make me teary eyed. I am a total nerd!

No comments: