Wednesday, January 14, 2009

AS SEEN ON TELEVISION

I have a confession. I have fallen hook line and sinker for an infomerical. Every time the commercial comes on I am captivated and I want this product. That's right folks.

I WANT A SNUGGIE


Blankets are OK but they can slip and slide, plus your hands are trapped inside.

The Snuggie™ keeps you totally warm and gives you the freedom to use your hands. Work the remote, use your laptop or do some reading in total warmth and comfort!

Snuggie™ is made with super soft, thick, luxurious fleece with roomy, over sized sleeves that let you do what you want while still being totally wrapped in warmth.

I stay cold and as ridiculous as I would look wearing this, I still think it makes good sense. Totally functional right.......I could wear it on cold nights while I watch this for the next four months.........I was so excited about this premiering last night. I had also read somewhere that they were going to focus on the good singers during the audition process and last night I thought that they did. I liked getting to know the people who made it through to Hollywood and could possibly make it into the top 24.

Some of my faves, (can't remember the names) were the girl who started the Grandparent program, and I really loved the little smart guy that was so nervous who surprised them all with his voice. I just felt for him because he was so nervous. Also that Stevie girl was cute too. Can't wait to see more!


What did y'all think of the new judge? I liked her but thought she was trying a little too hard. Maybe once she gets more comfortable she won't seem so awkward.


PS: Did anyone else see at the end when Ryan Seacrest tried to give the vision impaired guy a high five. It was so awkward!

11 comments:

The Beidleman's said...

I WANT A SNUGGIE, too. :) Been following your blog for a while now. ;)

Leah McGraw

Stephanie said...

I want a Snuggie too!

Mr. Newlywed thinks I am nuts, but they look so comfy!

With Love from New Orleans said...

I totally agree about the new judge.. she was all up in Simon's face.. she needs to relax a bit.. I thought it was a bit funny that she almost got into a "sing off" with that bikini girl... who I thought was UBER TACKY!!

Elizabeth said...

While everyone laughs at the Snuggie commercials, I agree with you, they make sense! I LOVE AI too and was so excited about the premire last night. We have the same taste bc GrandFriends girl and Stevie (named after Stevie Nicks) were my fav. I completely missed Ryan at the end - how awkward and sad ...

Me in Memphis said...

I have never seen this commercial that people talk about!!! But my husband bought me one of those last winter. Sort of a 1/2 joke, 1/2 for real thing. But it's warm!

Hopsy said...

Oh, if you buy one you MUST post photos! They do look like they would keep you warm and comfy. I watched AI last night, but am not the biggest fan of the new judge. I am just too used to there being three that it is hard to love her!

msbaird said...

Oh my gosh!!! This is so funny...I was reading this and Will came up and looked at the computer, and said..."Snuggie!!!" real loud..."I want a snuggie mom." I laughed so loud.

I haven't been able to sit and really watch American Idol all the way through, so I haven't really formed an opinion on the new judge. I'll have to get back to you about that.

Mollie

Tracy & Joe said...

I think the Snuggie is the dumbest thing ever....and I say that every time I see that commercial! But I do think the commercial is hilarious! ha - But don't worry, if you get one I won't make fun!

As for AI -- I watched last night (missed night 1) and I think I don't like the new judge. She doesn't add much that the others don't already say about the contestents...I mean, I think I'm just used to Paula, Randy and Simon!

Jules said...

It is so cold that a Snuggie isn't a bad idea at all! I agree with your comments on Idol. The new judge, Cara is okay. She will take some getting used to.
I tagged you!

The Mrs. said...

That snuggie is hilarious! I watched too and loved it. Don't like the new judge! Kinda boring!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

HA! My husband and I laugh at those every time we see the commercial. Your house must be cold too:)