Wednesday, March 7, 2018

MONSTER TRUCKS AND BIRTHDAY PARTIES

This past weekend was a great one! We had a low key Friday night and then on Saturday we all got around because we had big plans! Walker and Kenny had tickets for the Monster Truck show in Tupleo and Elle and I had a lunch date planned and the birthday party for Audrey and Ella, two of her closest friends! 

I saw an advertisement for the Monster Truck show a week or so before and sent Kenny the picture. He remembered going as a kid himself and started pulling up the different trucks and got excited about it. He showed Walker a few videos and so the morning of the show Walker was beyond excited. Seriously couldn't wait! Was talking about it nonstop. I just knew they were going to have the best time. They left early enough to swing through West Point and have lunch at Old Waverly and then kept going on to Tupelo.  

After they left Elle and I hung out at home and then ran to CVS so she could pick out each of the twins a birthday card. Then I let Elle choose wherever she wanted to eat for lunch. She chose Chick Fil. She really wanted the chicken sandwich. So we settled into a table and ate our lunch and then I let her decorate and the cards and write on the cards before we went to the Paint a Piece Pottery Place where the party was being held. Both Kenny and I enjoyed the one on one time with the kids. 

Walker and Kenny had the absolute best time at the Monster Truck show and it made me so happy to see the pictures and videos Kenny was texting me. Walker was able to pick out a big truck toy of his favorite truck- the Scooby Doo car which was driven by a girl and he even wanted to get one for Elle too! I know it was such a fun memory for the two of them to make.

Elle had a great time at the birthday party too. They all picked out different cupcake themed things to paint and then decorated their own cupcake! Later that evening one of her good friends Reese came over for a sleepover. They did not get any sleep! Sunday morning I taught Sunday school and Elle and Reese came with me while Kenny and Walker stayed home. Then I picked us up some lunch and let the girls play a little longer before Reese went home. That afternoon we watched a golf tournament that Kenny's fave Phil won and I watched the women's basketball team play in the SEC Championship. 
Headed out of town to the Monster Truck Show.

All smiles for lunch at Old Waverly.


My favorite picture of the day. Totally amazed by those big ol trucks rolling 
over and doing all the jumps!


The Scooby Doo truck!



Carrying his bag of goodies for him and Elle.

He passed out the second he got in the car!
Decorating her cards during our lunch date at Chik Fil A.

Birthday girls!

A lot of the party painting their cupcakes!






Elle giving Charlie some love. He is getting so big!


Walker playing with his trucks from the show!
Coloring their sheets in Sunday school





No comments: