Monday, July 26, 2010

WEEKEND RECAP

Kenny and I had an amazing weekend staying in town. On Friday night we met a big group of friends for sushi before packing up our friends radio flyer with coolers, chairs, and even a battery powered fan and parking it at Memphis Botanical Gardens for their Live at The Garden Concert Series. Al Green was playing along with Robert Randolph as the opener. Kenny and I have seen Al Green before and loved him. So we thought it would be fun to see him again. This was my first time to go to a Live at the Garden concert. I really liked how laid back it all was. They allow you to bring any kind of chairs you want, tables, candles, coolers, food. It really is the perfect opportunity for a nice little date night and it was a lot of fun with friends.


I do have to say that sometimes doing anything on Friday nights is hard for me. It is the end of the work week and I did wake up early that morning so I was struggling a little bit. Was a smidge tired and my chair was pretty comfy along with this fan (who was someones GENIUS idea) blowing on me I might have dozed off in between acts. Ha!!

On Saturday, Kenny went and played golf all day with our friend Michael and I ran errands. I was excited because I was getting to finally pick up this piece that my mom had put together for me for Christmas and we are planning to hang in our office. I think I might have mentioned this before but I love all things Walter Anderson a little too much. Sorry for the poor picture. I carefully put this in my car only to realize that the door wasn't going to close. Oops!

On Saturday night I was soooo excited because one of my best friends, Stefanie from college, was in town with her 10 month old little boy Conrad Patrick who I had never met. Her brother and sister live here and her mom was in town too. So Kenny and I went out to eat with their family. I am sad that I did not take a single picture. But we had the best time at Ciao Bella (one of my favorite restaurants) and then we all went to Muddy's for some cupcakes. By this time it was waaaay past little Conrad Patrick's bedtime and he was still being soooo good! It was so much fun to see them and it made me realize how much I miss seeing her! If only we could all go back to college right where we saw each other everyday.

On Sunday, I stayed in bed ridiculously late watching movies and reading.We watched Old Dogs with John Travolta and Robin Williams in bed. Before you laugh Kenny and I have seen almost everything at Blockbuster that is out right now. I won't bother giving this movie a real review. It was a D-

Then Kenny and I went to see Inception. This movie was amazing. I loved all the people in it especially Ellen Page. And while you might stay a little confused during the whole thing, you just have to keep going with the flow and not try to overthink it. We left the theatre and I literally felt a little daze from it all. It is pretty long and I kind of want to see it again because there is so much to take in and you probably catch more the second time around. Can't wait to own this one and personally I think it far exceeds The Matrix. I give it an A+

After getting home from the movie Kenny and I grilled out sausage dogs that were totally yum and sweet potato fries. It was all so good. It really was such a great weekend!

1 comment:

Marian said...

I saw Inception this weekend as well. And usually, I'm the girl that can't follow anything and is asking questions every 5 minutes...but for some reason I was able to follow this (for the most part) and I think it is because I wasn't looking to deep or trying to figure things out. I also didn't realize how long it was. It didn't seem like 2.5 hour movie at all. I absolutely loved it...especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Swoon!