Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WHAT I'VE BEEN FILLING MY HEAD WITH

I've been on a pretty big reading kick this summer and have managed to finish a lot of books. Most of them I have absolutely loved. Here's a little list of what I've finished.

The Hunger Games

Catching Fire
Can you say obsessed! I am obsessed with these books. The third and final installment comes out in August and I cannot wait to get my hands on these. I gobbled these books up within a four day period. Loved them!

The Help
Everyone and I mean everyone has read this book by now. Its really good and it was a nice light summer read. I am excited that they are making it into a movie which they are filming in Mississippi. I would have like to audition to be an extra.

Next I tried to read this:
I've read the entire series and somewhat enjoyed them. But for some reason I just could not get into this book. I got a few pages in and quit. Might be done with ol Sookie Stackhouse.

Heart of the Matter
I had never read any of her other books pretty much because I do not like books about girls who shop and plan their weddings. This one was different from her others from what I have heard. But it was kind of depressing. It was about marriage and sort of the demise of a marriage. A bit depressing but still a good read.

Right now I am reading:
I figured with the Twilight Series and all the Sookie books I had had enough of vampires so it is time for Zombies. This book is written very differently and I am loving it. I also have a thing for post-apocalyptic books and movies. Weird I know.

Things I Have in My Queue:
Animal Farm and 1984 ( never read either of these in high school for some reason)

Eat Pray Love.I haven't read Eat Pray Love but I am hoping to get a Kindle for my birthday next month and I am planning for Eat, Pray, Love to be my first book to read on my Kindle. Right before the movie comes out.

No comments: