Friday, July 30, 2010

HER BAGS ARE PACKED


So this morning one of my best friends, Susan, moved away. She and I have lived in the same town for 9 years we figured out last night.

It all started at the ripe ol age of 18. It was move in day at Rice Hall on Mississippi State's campus. And it being August it was H-O-T. I had always heard that the person at the end of your side of the hallway controlled the air so I walked two doors down and politely knocked on the door (she tells this story completely different btw) and asked her if she could turn down the air just a wee bit. And that was it. We were friends. I mean it didn't hurt that we ended up pledging the same sorority and living in such close proximity to each other freshmen year. Being from New Orleans and the middle kid of 6, Susan was a little different from some of my other friends. Anyone that knows her, knows that she is quite the character.

But we have made many the memory and have watched each other move in and out of relationships and consume far to much alcohol and cheese dip! And just this past May I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding as she married the perfect guy for her, Andrew. She of course was in my wedding too. Right before the wedding Andrew got an amazing opportunity with Amazon and they made the decision to move. TO SEATTLE!!!!!

So far away! So this morning she is off...Gone for good. I am very sad. She really is my first friend to move away outside of everyone graduating college. So I kind of feel like there is a little hole from where she left. I guess this just means that I am going to need to purchase a plane ticket pretty soon. At least Seattle is a really fun place to visit and we've never been.

I MISS YOU ALREADY SUSAN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad!! Miss Susan too!! Everytime she could come out for a girls night and we could talk about Jackson Folk! hahah!! :)

Maybe a girls trip out to Seattle might be in order!!

Tracy