Thursday, July 22, 2010

PARANOID MUCH............

So we got home from being out of town on Sunday to find someone had stolen our Mississippi State flag from the front of our house while we were gone. Not a huge deal.

I mean we love it and of course I am sad because we will have to get another one before football season starts. But in the grand scheme of things it was not an extremely expensive item, it is easily replaceable, and no one actually broke into our house or anything.

So what is wrong with me. On Tuesday night I had a horrible nightmare that I am convinced that was a reaction to the silly flag being stolen. The kind of nightmare where I woke up frozen in bed and had to tell myself it wasn't real. It was just a nightmare. I do not have nightmares very often.

In the nightmare, these kids were terrorizing my street. It was dark and late and Kenny wasn't home and they were knocking on peoples doors trying to get them to come out of their homes so they could do who knows what. It was a dream after all. But they were breaking things and wreaking havoc. In the dream Lena was going nuts and I was looking out the windows trying to call the police but I would stand there with the phone up to my ear but it would never ring.

So last night Kenny is out at a concert with some friends and I am home alone and I have fallen asleep and am sleeping pretty hard when Lena wakes me up barking barking barking. She heard something. So coming out of a deep sleep I am somewhat delirious and my heart is pounding. I get out of bed and find myself deja vuing the nightmare. I start looking out the windows like a crazy woman expecting to see people in my backyard stealing things. Paranoid right??

What am I going to do if Kenny has to go out of town? I am not sure why someone stealing our flag has me so worked up and paranoid. I guess its the feeling that someone was kind of lurking around our house that wasn't supposed to be there. Either way I hope I have zero more nightmares and the paranoia goes away really soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand!