Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE FIRST THREE MONTHS

In a nutshell has been interesting but fun! Sorry if you don't want to read this. But this blog is just as much for me as it is for anyone who is reading so I want to be able to look back and read things like this. See how naive I was! Ha!

Let me first say that before I took my first pregnancy test I thought for sure that my monthly friend was here and it was just being weird. Sorry if that is just TMI but under the insistence of my nurse prac friend Susan who demanded that I go get a pregnancy test IMMEDIATELY, I was completely SHOCKED when it came up positive! Kenny and I were so excited.

At that point I was around 5 weeks and I wasn't feeling to bad. We went to Chicago the next week and I was a trooper. We did everything we planned on doing including the Cubs game and walking all over that city. My appetite was completely weird the whole time and a meal that we had there our first night ruined Chinese food I think until the baby arrives. Seriously, the words egg roll might send me running for the bathroom. Kenny likes to torture me with that. It wasn't that the meal was bad. It was delicious. But it was more that we got soooooo full and then brought the leftovers back to our hotel which made the room smell like curry and well that was the end of that.

Since then I would say the morning sickness has only gotten worse. I have only gotten sick a few times but I feel nauseous all the time and food is just gross to me unless it is some form of potato or CARBS! At around 8 weeks I got the doctor to call me in some Zofran and that has helped to some extent. I am hoping and praying that the nausea subsides really soon. But I do have to say I am so thankful for it all! Kenny and I have been so ready to start a family for so long that I even appreciate the nausea and weird food things. I miss food greatly but I appreciate it all!

And I just have to say without bragging to much. Kenny has been absolutely amazing and is just as eager for the baby to get here as I am. He found a list of foods that might make me feel better and went to the grocery store and bought the ENTIRE list of food. It was so cute. And he is always asking how I feel and if I need anything and he is always willing to talk baby with me! I love it!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh girl, I'm sorry you're sick! Maybe it won't last much longer!

Elizabeth said...

Keep the updates coming, Mallory! I'm so excited for y'all. :)

The Beidleman's said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elise said...

hey, mallory
Im so excited for ya'll. I started following your blog awhile back, I kinda stumbled across it one day then realized it was you! Im on here too elisechoate.blogspot.com
you should start feeling alot better very soon, and then the real fun begins! CONGRATS!
elise jordan choate

The Priers said...

awe how fun!!! congrats!
no worries, you'll find that you'll love food again. :0)

Courtney said...

happy belated birthday & congrats! i'm SO very excited for you!