Thursday, August 26, 2010

I (HEART) THE 90S

So I have a new obsession. It my 90's on 9 radio station on my Sirius Satellite radio. First off let me say that I am also obsessed with my satellite radio. Kenny and I both got satellite radio in college and I haven't listened to normal radio since. Satellite radio is just soooo much better and not that expensive to subscribe to. You have no commercials, tons of channels of different genres of music and talk shows to choose from.

But in the past few weeks the 90's on 9 channel as moved to my top tier of presets. It is so good. Obviously it only plays songs from the 90's. And those are the songs that bring back the most memories for me because it reminds me of middle school, junior high and the best of all high school. The monitor gives you the name of the song, the name of the artist and then gives you the year in parenthesis so I can even calculate what grade I was in for each song if for some reason I can't remember. It is a walk down memory lane every time I get in my car! I am obsessed.

Here are some songs that have really brought back the memories lately!

The Fugees- Killing Me Softly - 1996













Big Pun- I'm Not A Player - 1997 ( As in one of the greatest lines ever....I'm not a player I just crush a lot)








Boyz II Men- Motown Philly -1991 But lets just be honest any Boyz II Men is hitting the spot. Especially any song that I still know every word to from their II album.









Goo Goo Dolls- Black Balloon - 1998 Remember this song from the Meet Joe Black soundtrack. I also loved their entire album from this time period.





Some others:
Blind Melon - No Rain - 1993
Cantaloop - Flip Fantasia - 1993 (My friend Ashleigh used to know every word to this song and I thought she was so "cool")
Pearl Jam - 1992 - Jeremy
Ace of Base - enough said
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffanys - 1995
Paula Cole - Where Have All the Cowboys Gone - 1997

Honestly, I could just go on and on about all the different songs that I have heard and all the memories since I have started listening to this channel on a daily basis. Ha! And listing these songs just reminded me, remember when you would love a song on the radio so you would go buy the single. When was the last time you bought a single? I can still distinctly remember some of the singles I bought. Thank goodness for iTunes.

1 comment:

a girl and a pearl. said...

TLC Waterfalls and Crazy, Sexy, Cool - definitely bought those singles! I love you blog! Hope you'll visit mine sometime!