Monday, August 23, 2010

WEEKEND RECAP

So Kenny was out of town this weekend for a market so I was on my own this weekend. I had a very nice and relaxing weekend that involved a little sisterly bonding time, A LOT of movie watching, and registering for baby gear.

Friday night my sister and I grabbed some dinner. McCallisters at my request because I wanted a loaded spud (yep still hardcore on the potato kick) which I thoroughly enjoyed! Then we trekked out to a suburb of Memphis because the movie theatre there was the only movie theatre still showing the movie we wanted to see. What movie you may ask? One that reminded us of our childhood.My sister and I both grew up reading all of these books and I have to say the movie was pretty cute too. Of course a little hokey but completely negated by the amount of famous people that made appearances. Everyone in that movie was a well known actor. The night was very low key, dorky and a lot of fun. The only downside was I really needed to pee before the movie started and the bathroom was kind of stinky, as was the theatre in general. So I threw up twice from the smell. That part was not fun.

On Saturday, I went to lunch with one of my girlfriends Mollie. We went to Carmelita's and then went and got yogurt at the new yogurt place. Lo Yo! It was so good and if you live in the Memphis area you must go! After that it was on to Babies R' Us to register. Mollie being a mom herself was vital to me for this part because I am TOTALLY clueless when it comes to baby gear. I needed someone to show me the different pros and cons of all the stuff so I could just point the gun and scan. I am happy that I now have a well compiled list of all the things I need. Right now, I am not worried about people purchasing things off the list. It is strictly for me to have an idea of what to buy. I NEED a list. But it didn't take too long and it made me really excited to start getting ready for baby! The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, doing things around the house, watching movies, and waiting on Kenny to get home.

Here is a list of all the movies I watched...Really
- The Runaways
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Dear John
- Enchanted
- Transformers 2
- Juno
- Father of the Bride
- The Sixth Sense
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- The In Crowd on Lifetime (anyone ever seen this one? So good)

Told you I spent the weekend chillin. Ha! It was nice. Kenny got home yesterday afternoon and I am so happy. I actually cooked dinner for his homecoming. Haven't felt like cooking lately. I made a poppy seed chicken casserole (this dish reminds me of college and the sorority house.) Here is the recipe. It is a good dish. I did not enjoy it because I could taste the chicken (go figure) and chicken is weird for me right now. But Kenny gave it rave reviews!

POPPY SEED CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Ingredients:
Rotisserie chicken, shredded
16 oz sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup parmesan cheese
Poppyseeds
1 Roll of Ritz Crackers
1 stick butter

Shred your chicken and add to a large mixing bowl. Mix chicken with sour cream, soup, and parmesan cheese. Add poppyseeds - I just sprinkle until it looks right, which is about 4-5 tablespoons for me. Spread in casserole dish. Put your crackers in a zip lock baggie and smash. Top casserole with crackers, and drizzle one stick of melted butter over the crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: