Thursday, August 8, 2013

START OF A NEW YEAR

Tuesday morning I took Elle to the pool.  We are trying to soak up our mornings there before they adjust the hours.  Summer is winding down and that feeling is in the air. That feeling of a new year.  I always feel like the start of a new school year is the new year.  Not January 1. Even when I was out of school and had no children, August and the feeling of fall approaching felt way more exciting.

We enjoyed our last morning swimming and having lunch.  It was a fun morning.  She is at such a funny age and requires me to be in the pool the entire time.  She wants to jump to me and swim to me and splash me.  We stay so busy.  I like when Kenny comes and can help out because when I take her by myself I am wiped at the end of it but it is still so fun.


Looking so amused at me trying to capture the moment.

Wednesday morning was Elle's first day of 2 Year Old Preschool.  Her teacher is one of my favorite from when I worked there years ago and I am so excited that Elle has Mrs. Meg and Mrs. Angie.  We had open house on Tuesday and Kenny and I took her to see the classroom and get accustomed.

The morning of preschool I actually remembered to get some pictures and take a video of me asking her some questions about school.  The pictures are sweet.  But I know from seeing other people's pictures that she will grow up so much over this next year.  I will look back at this picture and see such a baby face.  But that day she seemed like such a big girl to me.  Okay, going to go cry into my pillow now.
All ready for her first day of preschool.  Sweet girl.

No comments: