Monday, August 19, 2013

SURPRISE CELEBRATION!

Friday was a great day but a pretty normal day.  Lots of phone calls and messages from friends and someone bought my coffee at my favorite coffee shop which totally made me smile.  My mom and sister were coming in to town that afternoon and Kenny was driving back from furniture market so that we could all have dinner at Restaurant Tyler to celebrate.  

Our reservations were at 7:30 so I was trying to get Elle into bed before the babysitter arrived.  I was getting frustrated with Kenny because he kept encouraging her to dilly dally and seemed to want to get a picture of me with her.  Then all of a sudden my sister walks in the door with my three best friends from Memphis.  I could not believe it! I was so surprised and totally cried.  All the screaming and crying freaked out Elle and she started bawling.  It was quite the commotion but I was so happy. My mom took some very blurry pictures ha! Kenny was trying to stall Elle as a ruse to take a video of when they came in.  
Then we were all off to dinner.  They had this decided they were going to do this weeks ago and had snuck around behind my back and had it all planned. I was so happy that my friend Lindsay was able to come.  She just had a baby 6 weeks ago! Crazy! Dinner was delicious and they gave me some of the sweetest gifts!
After dinner and drinks we were headed to the bar but made a quick swing by the Kappa Alpha house to take some pictures for memory sake.  Mollie and Tracy both married KAs and had many a fun time at the KA house.
We were praying no one saw us.

Then it was off to a bar to hang out with the college students for a little while.  We had a great time but we felt so old.  Ha! We said so many funny things about our old age we ended up making a list. 
Another blurry pic but had to include it!
A less blurry one of Tracy and I.

On Saturday morning we headed to my favorite coffee shop 929 for coffee and delicious carbs.  We sat there and chatted a while until all the stores opened on Main Street.  Then we shopped.  We pretty much went into every store. Lindsay had to get back to the baby so we gave her hugs goodbye.  Then it was time for some cheese sticks and cocktails at The Grill.  As we were leaving we decided to swing by sorority row to see the girls on Bid Day.  We got there just in time to watch them run to their houses.  That was fun and brought back so many old memories. 
We were a little confused because we all remembered running to our houses and these girls were lesiurely making their way.  Panhellinic must of changed a rule over the years.
And this is what every girl had on.Every single one.  We in our old age are just agast!  Why are they wearing these shorts? They are so unflattering. And then with the shoes.  We were so disappointed that 90's grunge fashion was back.  It looked just awful. They need to go back to the shorts and gray New Balances in my opinion. STAT!
There was a new sorority and sorority house on the row and we were dying to see it. It looked so nice!  So we might of snuck in and taken a picture to prove it.  We were so worried we were going to get called out.  The house was just as nice on the inside as it was on the outside by the way.

After that we made our way over to the Phi Mu house to check out the action (what Tracy was) and peeked in on her old room and looked for our friends composite pictures.  Then we stopped by the Chi O house (what Annie and I were) and peeked in on our rooms too.  And of course I had to find my composite pictures.  
Freshman year composite pic
-Elle doesn't even say this is me when we show her this picture.  That is depressing ha!
Senior year composite pic.


After our long day of girl time in Starkville we all ordered sushi in and watched a movie before going to bed early.  Kenny stayed in Tupelo for market so Mollie and Tracy and I all slept in our bed.  It was so fun.  How often do you get to have a sleepover when you are 30 years old.  

It really was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.  I am still in disbelief that Kenny was able to keep it all a secret.  Thank you to Annie for planning it and thank you to my mom for keeping Elle so we could shop and have lots and lots of girl time! And of course thank you to my girls who surprised me by coming in to town!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a correction....we all had this planned for MONTHS not just weeks!! And were all able to keep it from you the whole time! Ha! :)
-T