Thursday, August 15, 2013

THE DAY BEFORE...

Tomorrow is a huge birthday for me.  And since I have been silent on this blog for the past week I thought I would pop in and do a total photo dump before I post my predictable 30 Things I Learned by My 30th Birthday.

I have been absent because we have been out of town a lot.  The trips were unplanned and very last minute and well funerals aren't something you want to do an entire blog post about.  But we tried to enjoy our time together as as family none the less and still managed to have a little fun out on the road.  So here we go.  A little of what has been going on the past week or so.

 We stayed in Jackson one night and took Elle to Sal and Mookie's.  We've never been there and this place is genius.  Pizza, pasta and an ice cream parlor built in to the restaurant.  Those are three of Elle's favorite things in the world.  We had a great time and the food was tasty.  
 After Sal and Mookie's it was back to the hotel for books and bed time. 
Thought this was a sweet moment.
 The burial for the funeral we attended was at this tiny little church and Elle and I played on the chapel steps during the service.  I was sweating just a bit but she was having a good time hamming it up for the camera.
 When we got home from our trip, Kenny was so excited to find these in the mail. With the weather being so cool and only a few more weeks until our first home game.  Aaaaaagh!!!!
 We took Elle for donuts one morning.  She was so excited about her chocolate sprinkle donut she picked out.
 Elle sleeps with so much stuff.  This isn't even all of it.  We are trying to teach her how to choose what "friends" she wants to sleep with but she isn't really grasping the concept.  But I mean.  This is pretty sweet right.  Don't mind Ariel's nip slip in there.  It is purely innocent.
 Kenny has been traveling home from Tupelo Furniture Market some nights and one night he just happened to come home right as I was about to shut Elle's door for the night.  She was so happy to get some good night hugs and kisses from him and I snapped this pic.  Makes my heart melt.
It was pouring down rain one morning this week and Elle was so excited to wear her rain jacket. 

Alright, well like I said.  Tomorrow is my birthday.  Tune in to read some insightful but probably useless things about the wisdom I have gained over the last 30 years!

No comments: