Friday, August 16, 2013

30 BITS OF WISDOM ON MY 30TH BIRTHDAY

SOME SWEET AND SAPPY THINGS ABOUT BEING A PARENT
- You can love something so much so much it hurts. Physically and emotionally the most intense feeling I have ever experienced is my love for my child.

-Having a little girl is so much fun but terrifying at the same time.

- Parenting makes you smile so much your cheeks hurt. Like seriously, my cheeks ache from happiness sometimes.

- You will eat your words on almost all the things you said about other people's parenting before you had kids. All.the.words.

- Watching your children sleep is one of life's simplest joys.

- Cooking and singing are two things I hope Elle grows up and says "my mom was a good cook and she was always singing some silly song."

- Becoming a parent makes you see your own parents in a whole new light.

- After you a while you start to think becoming my mother wouldn't be such a bad thing.

- Epidurals are legit.

- So is that numbing spray they give you when you leave the hospital.  (okay I realize those weren't sweet and sappy but felt they needed to be included.)


SOME THINGS ABOUT MY HUSBAND
- Good husbands are hard to come by.  I have realized over the last 7 years that I have one of the best ones out there.

- Watching your husband that you started dating as a college student read to your daughter and tuck her into bed will make you fall more in love with him than those crazy nights of dancing after football games.

- If you can travel well together then you can get through anything.  Am I right?

- It is nice having a husband who I NEVER have to worry about what he is going to come out of his closet wearing.

- Sometimes a pizza in and a movie rental is just as good as a nice dinner out at a nice restaurant. What matters is the idea of a date night.


SOME THINGS ABOUT HAVING A SISTER
- Having a sister is a pretty special thing.  That is why I pray to have another girl one day so that Elle will have a sister.

- No one can make you so mad so quickly and then you get over 5 minutes later like a sister

- Having a sibling is important so that you text them them late at night about random and totally strange things you just remembered from your childhood.


SOME THINGS ABOUT FRIENDS
- 1 good friend is worth 5 mediocre friends.

- It is hard as we get older to maintain friendships.  It takes work on both ends.  True friendships will float through the years.  But there is never a doubt that friendship has faded when you pick up that phone or see them for a visit.

- My closest friends are the ones that I haven't talked to in a few weeks and then she calls me to tell me something she saw on Teen Mom.  We talk about that and other stuff for 5 minutes and get off the phone.  It doesn't have to be deep and serious conversation all the time.  Those friends are always the ones that are there for you when you need them for the hard things.



JUST SOME SILLY BITS OF WISDOM
- Tanning bed tans=trashy. Natural glow from the sun= you have never looked better, thinner, happier, healthier....

- You will pay for that tan later.  Le sigh...there is botox for at least some of that...right?

- Crawfish and a Strawberry Abita might be the best pair on those first days of Spring.

- Some days counting calories and worrying about what you are eating is pointless.  Sometimes these days can run consecutively when you are on vacation or it is that time of the month.

- A fairly new one to me- working out A WHOLE LOT does actually produce results

- To add to that - muscles look way better than fat.  Who'd of thunk it!

- Never underestimate the power of rap music to make a good workout happen.

- SEC>ALL OTHER COLLEGE CONFERENCES

- Cheese and crackers are a totally suitable dinner when you husband is out of town.  Cheese is good.

- Birthdays don't matter all that much to me.  I truly try to thank God for every day that I am given on this earth.  


No comments: