Thursday, October 26, 2017

KENNY TURNS 36

The past two days we celebrated Kenny's birthday and it was lots of fun and perfectly low key! On Tuesday night we invited a few friends to eat Mexican with us and I brought cupcakes and everyone had a good time. 

Wednesday was his actual birthday and that morning I got the kids dressed and fed although Elle was too excited to eat and then we opened some presents. Elle could barely contain herself because I had taken her shopping on Sunday to pick out a few things all on her own for Kenny.  She practically spilled the beans by giving lots and lots of hints. She is so much like Kenny in that way. When she has a surprise or gift for someone she wants to give it to them right away and can't stand to wait. She had picked out a pair of socks for him, a metal button for his golf bag that says State Dad and a Dak Prescott Tervis Tumbler.
Kenny and his Dak cup from Elle!
Early morning birthday celebration with Daddy. Love their sleepy eyes!
I love this one with Elle standing there in anticipation.

I also got some bigger gifts for Kenny from the family and then he got a new State polo shirt from Annie and a gift car to the mens store here and a gift card to the golf shop at Old Waverly from his mom.  This present he was opening was a Maroon sports coat he had been eying. Then I got him a nice leather overnight bag. I saved it as his last big gift and he opened that one after we had his birthday dinner celebration that night. We went on a lunch date at the country club before he drove to Old Waverly to play a golf round with friends. Then when he got home I had ordered wings, his request and we had ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. He said it was a great day and I think so too. We had so much fun celebrating his birthday and spending time together as a family.
Kenny had lots of help opening his presents. 
Elle and Daddy with the gifts she picked out for him.


This picture is blurry and Kenny's eyes are closed but I love it because Elle is watching 
him try it on and is so excited!
I couldn't find my six candle so I improvised much to Elle's dismay and did 33 plus 3. 
Walker was tired but had looked forward to ice cream cake all day.

Yummy Reese's ice cream cake!
Both of the kids made cards for Kenny and were so excited to give them to him!


Opening his last present for his birthday.




No comments: