Wednesday, November 26, 2008

LET THE COOKING BEGIN


So last night I started cooking for Thanksgiving. My goal is to wake up Thursday morning, put everything in the oven and snuggle down on the couch and watch the parade.

I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house. I know! I feel like such an adult! I am excited but my house is no where near ready to be entertaining. We are talking we still need some furniture in some rooms but everything will be fine and my family has graciously offered to split up the menu with me so I do not have to do all the cooking. Here is what we are having!

Turkey ( of course!)
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole (Kenny's favorite)
Warm Rolls
Corn Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce ( I prefer it out of the can)
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
and who knows what else!

Last night I made the mashed potatoes and whooo those are a lot of work. Here is the recipe I am using. It is from Pioneer Woman Cooks. I love her stuff! I made these last year and they were so so good. And they better be after all the peeling and mashing. I hand mash them and my arm was tired.

Tonight I will put together the green bean casserole and I am also trying out a new recipe. It is a corn casserole that sounds delicious. Here is the recipe.  Doesn't it sound good!  I will let you know how it turns out.

I have to admit that I chickened( or turkeyed) out and ordered out on the turkey. I was just too nervous that my oven would not cooperate and we would not have enough oven room to cook everything else. So I ordered a slow smoked turkey from a local restaurant. Hopefully it will be good. I still have to reheat it tomorrow. That counts as cooking right?

I am antsy today. Because yes I am at work. But I am looking forward to our feast tomorrow and watching the Macy's Parade. I love Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck tomorrow! We hosted it at our house last year and it totally wore me out! It was fun though... but maybe an every-other-year event. :)

Hopsy said...

Good luck! How fun that everyone gets to come over and enjoy your new abode!