Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MOTIVATION NEEDED


I am having motivation woes. First of all I cannot think of anything to blog about. I think its because Kenny and I lost the charger to our camera so we can't take pictures so I can't post pictures. Get my drift. It will get better soon. And I am still posting more often than some people I know.

The other thing that I just cannot get motivated to work on is Christmas cards. I am doing really well with my Christmas shopping and have wrapped a lot of my gifts but for some reason I just can't seem to get excited about mailing out cards. I have a really cute idea of what I want to do but it involves taking a Christmas-card worthy picture ( a feat in itself) getting them printed, finding a cute card to go with the picture, addressing envelopes, stamps, you know the drill.

TANGENT: I am not happy with the Christmas stamps this year. We have a very stoic Mary with Jesus and yes he is the reason for the season but not exactly the brightest stamp to put on your envelope,and then we have Nutcrackers. I usually choose the fun one for my Christmas mailings but overall was not happy with the selection this year.


Does anyone have any good ideas of where to order moderately priced Christmas cards. I do not want to spend a fortune this year. We are in a recession after all. That is if I ever get up the MOTIVATION to start. The clock is ticking. We are a week from Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I bought those stamps, and they arrives from usps.com yesterday. They are ADORABLE! I was a little weary at first, but they went cute with the Christmas cards I ordered.

As for cards, try vistaprint.com. That is where I got ours. 70 photo cards with envelopes for about $45.00.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, definitely go to vistaprint.com. I've ordered invitations from there, and there's a lot of cute themes to choose from.

Tracy & Joe said...

Check my blog...I've updated....
and I have a new idea for my Christmas Card this year...I can't wait! :)

Me in Memphis said...

Thanks for the comment! I actually have this Motivation poster hanging in our office at work for everyone to "take a hint" from :)

I am glad to hear more people agree with me about Cafe Ole! It's such a neat place, the patio is fun in the summer, it's close to where I live, but it is just not worth the mess with the food and the wait staff.