Monday, October 26, 2009

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND


So let me first say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY!!!! This weekend was Kenny's birthday. So we made plans to relax and enjoy ourselves a little since we had been going non-stop.

Friday night Kenny and I went for a casual dinner date to Memphis Pizza Cafe. It was slammed but very delicious. Once we were done eating we headed home to meet my mom who was coming in town.

On Saturday Kenny had to work in the morning but had requested for my mom to make his favorite meal that she cooks and watch the Florida vs. State game. So while Kenny worked my mom and I ran errands. I ran into Vineyard Vines to buy him some hokies that he had wanted so that he would have something small to unwrap because I am sending him to Austin to see his favorite band for his big birthday present, but I couldn't resist getting him one of their new college polos that has the Mississippi State Bulldog on the chest. Then we grabbed lunch and swung by Muddy's Cupcakes to get the birthday boy some cupcakes. The New Yorker is his favorite. Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. All of their cupcakes are so good though!!!

Saturday night my sister came over and we watched the Bulldogs hang in there with Florida. We played our hearts out even if we did lose.

Sunday morning Kenny had requested a country breakfast with country ham (which I have never cooked before). I found him the biggest piece of country ham you have ever seen. It was so big that he cut a big piece of it off to put in a biscuit as a snack for later. We were helping my mom load her car when I came back into the kitchen to find that the ham that was on the plate was now gone. Lena ate Kenny's ham. How selfish! Ha! Guess dogs don't understand birthdays.

Sunday night we went to see Paranormal Activity. It was really good. I can't say that I was as terrified in the theatre as I was for The Ring or even as scared as I was during the strangers but parts of Paranormal Activity were incredibly creepy and Kenny and I both were jumpy when we got home.

And today Kenny and I both have colds. We came down with them over the weekend. Heres to hoping its not the Swine.

Here is what we are having to eat this week. I found a great website that had casseroles with WW points. So they are all from that site this week.

MENU MONDAY
Monday - Beef Stroganoff with a side salad and a lemon Dijon vinaigrette.

Tuesday - Taco Casserole

Wednesday - Pulled Pork sandwiches served with corn on the cob

Thursday - Taco Casserole leftovers

1 comment:

Hopsy said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! What is Paranomal Activity about, thye never seem to divulge much in the previews!