Monday, October 19, 2009

DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY?


I need help finding someone who makes T-shirt quilts. I finally got the motivation to go through all of our drawers and even ventured into the attic to try and find all of our fraternity and sorority t-shirts. This is something I have been meaning to do for a while considering we have been out of college for a while, and we just keep wearing these t-shirts around the house or to sleep in making them more worn out. I was pleased with the amount that we managed to keep and was really excited when I found the trash bag in the attic that I suspected had a lot of Kenny's old t-shirts actually had a lot of the main parties and formals and what I was missing. Now I am just excited that we will have this to look at when we get old. Ha!

So! I have looked on Etsy and I have seen a few people who make the quilts but I am really nervous about sending the T-shirts off to someone I do not know. I mean it took 4 long years to collect all these t-shirts(alright maybe a couple of extra semesters) and I would hate to lose them. Has anyone had a quilt made or know somebody that has one? Or maybe you know someone who makes them. I just want to have some kind of connection or testimonial to the product ya know. I would appreciate any help!

I had a very uneventful weekend. Kenny has been out of town since Tuesday and is finally coming back today!!! Snaps!!! Finally!!! And I was supposed to go to Jackson for a friend of mines shower but my plans fell through. So on Friday I was the epitome of old and went grocery shopping and ordered out sushi for myself and watched a movie.

On Saturday I had a hair appointment which I desperately needed and then went to get a manicure and pedicure with my friend Mollie. Later that night she cooked and we watched football at her house with some other people. It was a lot of fun. Sunday, I literally watched Lifetime movies alllllll day. So pathetic. So ready for Kenny to get home. In my spare time I did manage to do a little meal planning for this week. So here is what we are having. Still doing Weight Watchers so all WW recipes.

MENU MONDAY
MONDAY - Weight Watcher Broccoli and Cheese Soup with buttered toast (for Kenny) and Oreo Pie for dessert. I made the Oreo Pie with healthier choices and got the points down a good bit.

TUESDAY - WW Stuffed Peppers with a side salad

WEDNESDAY- Broccoli and Cheese Soup leftovers

THURSDAY- WW Sweet and Sour Chicken served over Rice.

FRIDAY - Leftovers or go out

3 comments:

Quilts4Ever said...

What about all those Hooters and Pink Pony T-Shirts you used to have to wear to work? Those should be on the quilt also. Or did you have to turn those in when you left? Make sure you wash them good first.

Anonymous said...

Can you sew at all? My brother's girlfriend made him one. I'm sure she could tell you how. It turned out great!

The Laceys said...

Quilts4Ever. You are so funny. Kenny and I are so blessed to have good friends who enjoy reading our blog. Glad you were looking out for the well being of my quilt. I will not be including those t-shirts.

(Disclaimer: I did not work at Hooters or the Pony)