Thursday, October 1, 2009

MINT


Mint.com just might be the bomb.com. That's right. I said it! Ha!  It is my new discovery and to say that I am a wee bit obsessed would be an understatement. Have yall heard of it?

Here is how they describe themselves:
In five minutes or less, you’ll see where you’re spending your money, understand how your investments are performing, and set up realistic budgets. Set up email and SMS alerts and you’ll be automatically updated whenever there’s an important change in your finances. Only Mint.com finds you personalized ways to save money, using patent-pending software which analyzes your current spending. The typical Mint.com user finds $1,000 in savings in their first visit. Learn more about our award-winning service.

Mint is a website that allows you to upload any and every financial account you have and in turn categorizes all your spending and creates a budget for you. I know that this is similar to Quicken and other software programs but this one really takes the fuss out of it all. This really plays to my personality. I love to see where it is all going and I love that it sets an amount of money for me budget wise for each category without me having to worry about it. If we go over we go over and it will adjust for next time. Love it!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might check it out... but it's going to tell me I spend way too much money at Skimo's...

Charles and Betsy said...

Hey Mallory! How have you been? I went and signed up for Mint as soon as I read your post. I think I am going to LOVE it! :) Thanks for sharing!