Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TELL THE TEACHERS

I know everyone always says to make sure you tell the people that you love that you love them because you never know if it could be the last time. I just found out that a professor I was close to in college as were many many many other students were, passed away yesterday and I am heartbroken.

I am heartbroken at the loss of life and I am heartbroken that we had lost touch in the last couple of years. She had been battling cancer when I graduated and last I had heard was doing better. I had emailed and spoken to her briefly after moving to Memphis to let her know that I had landed the job that I wanted and I owed so much of it to her. She had been my advisor when I had strayed off my educational path and I had taken every class that she taught in my four years of being there. Totaling seven classes with her as my teacher all of them having to do with my major(which I loved). I loved her for shooting it to me straight and pulling out my talents as she did for so many other students. She was an amaaazing teacher and I am filled with regret at not having told her what she meant to me.

Tell your loved ones that they impact your life......but tell your teachers, role models, mentors and even your college advisors that they meant something to you too.

We will miss you Lora.

No comments: