Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WHO DAT

This was the balcony across from our balcony at the hotel.  It was someones home and I was a little obsessed with how he decorated it. I just loved all the details.  And if you are wondering how I knew it was a man... well Saturday morning we saw him in there in his matching set of cowboy and horse pajamas. True story.

This weekend I hopped in the car with a bunch of girls to go to New Orleans for a bachelorette party. And all I can say is thank goodness I had yesterday off. I am still so tired and worn out but it was so much fun!

When Rachael the bachelorette picked the weekend she had no way of knowing that this weekend would be the playoff game vs. the Cardinals for the Saints. Which if you are from Mississippi, Louisiana, or just the south in general this is a HUGE deal. Having the game and all the people in town just made the weekend more fun.

On Friday night we went to a restaurant called Rockin Sake. I normally hate sake but this place had flavored sakes. So we got the lychee. Yum!!! It was so delicious. So we ordered a couple more bottles. And they also had this roll called the LSU roll that was to die for. If you ever go there...get it!!

After dinner we stopped in a little restaurant for an after drink before going to a bar to dance.


On Saturday morning we went and got beignets to go from the famous Cafe Du Monde and had mimosas and had Rachaels lingerie shower. She got a bunch of cute stuff. Afterwards we all got dressed to go watch the Saints game at a bar.


After Saints whooped that behind.My friend Megan in the picture above on the right was sooo excited.  They have season tickets and she is a big Saints fan.  She will get to go this weekends playoff game. We went back to the hotel and got ready to go out. We all wore black, gold, and hot pink. Tracy had made cute little mardi gras masks and other fun favors.Megan and I were trying ours out.

We all went to dinner at Crescent City Brewhouse where the food was divine. And then of course we hit up Bourbon. Bourbon was soooo packed but such good people watching. This guy literally showed up. Dipped a few people including the bachelorette and then disappeared. It was so random. But he was a really good dipper.

It really was such a fun weekend.  And I cannot wait to get back to New Orleans.  I love that city so much.  My friend Susan is getting married there in May and I have already book a room for an extra night so that Kenny and I can have a little vacay.  In the meantime I will be cheering on the Saints.  Hope they go all the way!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!