Thursday, January 21, 2010

IDOL


So who is watching this season?? I have loved this show since the first season but I am ready to admit that the episodes so far this year have been somewhat lackluster. It is because Paula is gone? Is it because I know Simon will be gone next year and then I will officially stop watching it.

I am ready for Ellen to get here. I adore Ellen and can't wait to hear her sarcastic quips regarding the contestants performances. I am hoping the season gets better once the actual competition starts because right now I feel like I am just watching fake auditions.

The only people that have caught my attention so far(besides all the TN people that are mortifying) are the people with the sad stories. Last night I loved the guy who had the autistic son who sang the "Someone To Watch Over Me" a song that I love. Or the girl who sings to her grandmother who has Alzheimer's. But I want some new undiscovered talent. It seems so far everyone they have given the golden ticket to sounds the same.

I will end my American Idol rant here. But right now I just hope it gets better. Since this is my last season anyway I would like it to be a good one. I'm going to miss Simon.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Im watching but not that excited. We'll see what happens when Ellen shows but I miss Paula!