Monday, January 11, 2010

ITS BAAAAACK

Yep I am back to doing this blogging thing and you know what that means. Menu Monday. Hooray!! ( I'm sure you all share my enthusiasm right??)

I had a great weekend. Friday night Kenny and I stayed in minus the really quick trip to Blockbuster. It was just soooo cold out I could not imagine doing anything else. So we watched District 9. I have decided that I might officially be a sci-fi nerd when it comes to movies, but this movie was not my cup of tea. Granted I was fighting off sleep for the last 45 minutes so I don't remember all of it. But it was not what I expected. It did keep our attention and we both just thought it was okay. I would give it a C-.

On Saturday, I had a lunch date with my friend Christin at Old Venice. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and a Bellini. I used to drink Bellini's in college at Old Venice and had not had one since college. It was so good. After lunch we ran a few errands and went to a few stores. It was a fun afternoon.

On Saturday night I had a low key girls night out planned with some girlfriends. We went to Salsa for cheese dip and Margaritas. This is my favorite thing to do!!! Our waitress was awesome and left us alone to just drink and eat our way through many baskets of chips and TWO things of cheese dip while we talked! So much fun! And then afterwards we had to stop by Muddy's Bake Shop. Tracy had never been before so we had to introduce her. It was packed but we managed to get a table and all split a different type of cupcake. I of course brought a box home.

Yesterday, I grocery shopped and we watched some of the Wild Card games. It was such a relaxing Sunday and then last night I was so excited because it was the season premiere of Big Love. One of my favorite shows! It really was such a good weekend. Perfect balance of relaxing and socializing.

And now, what everyone has been waiting on.

MENU MONDAY
Sunday- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak served over white rice

Monday - Barbecue-Stuffed Potatoes served with green beans

Tuesday - Leftovers for Kenny- Dinner out for me

Wednesday - Fresh Tomato, Sausage Pecorino Pasta

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - I leave for New Orleans for a Bachelorette Party. Yay!  So Kenny's bacheloring it up. He's on his own! Ha!


No comments: