Thursday, March 4, 2010

OH DEAR


.......JOHN

Last night I met up with some girlfriends of mine to eat sushi and then go see Dear John. I had not read the book. Only one of us had. But I loooooved this movie. It might be because I was in serious need of good cry after the week that I have had. But I do think this movie is just good. I was nervous because I mean who doesn't love The Notebook, and Message In A Bottle but I had recently watched Nights and Rodanthe and I thought that movie was teeeerrrible.

Since I had not read the book the movie had different story lines than I was expecting. It wasn't a super fast paced movie but wasn't too slow either. I started crying pretty early on and then just cried harder through the movie. Ha! At least I wasn't the only one. We were all crying and sniffling. Amanda Seyfried can I please have your hair, your lips, and throw in your legs too! And Channing Tatum....you're cute! I give this movie a A+

Don't let the crying stuff discourage you. This movie is a great chick flick/love story. And sadly it has me anticipating Nicholas Spark's next movie coming out, The Last Song. I am going to check the book out at the library today and then will probably go see the movie. I know Miley's in it. But oh well. It won't be the first movie I have seen of hers in the theatre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oohhh Dear John you made me cry so hard also! But at the end I was so shocked and confused I ended up hating it-whhyyyy did that have to happen???