Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WEIGHT WATCHERS WEDNESDAY


POST CRUISE EDITION
DUN DUN DUN

So what you have heard about cruises is true. They feed you to death. There is food available to you 24/7. And while I honestly feel like I did not eat all that much I did drink a lot of calories. Traveling for business I felt like we socially drank more than we would have if it had just been Kenny and I. But oh well. I enjoyed every sip of those Pina Coladas and now I must pay the price.

So since last Weight Watchers Wednesday I have gained
3.2 lbs...Wop Wop Wop

So 5 lbs to go until pre-pregnancy weight

19 lbs to go to reach my goal weight!

One of the post vacation problems I have been having with staying on track is my body got accustomed to the larger amount of calories so now I am S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G all the time. Making it harder to be accountable. I am trying.

The week before the cruise I did make this Baked Spaghetti Recipe and it was excellent. So good I was kind of nervous I had not counted the points right on it. It taste a lot like Lasagna only with spaghetti noodles.


Baked Spaghetti
~
12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
1 lb 96% lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu No Sugar Added Tomato and Basil Sauce)
4 cups 1% cottage cheese
2 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Here is what I used and it worked great!)
~
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and garlic. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through. Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, 2 cups, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. In a 9x13 casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, layer 1 cup of meat mixture, half the spaghetti, half the cheese, and half the remaining meat mixture. Repeat layers. Dish will be very full. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and add remaining cheeses. Bake an addition 10 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
10 servings

No comments: