Monday, May 23, 2011

CRUISIN TOGETHER

I was mysteriously absent from the blog last week because Kenny and I were on a boat sailing around the Bahamas. Last week was our five year anniversary (still cannot believe that it has been five years) so when were invited to go on a cruise through Kenny's job it was perfect timing. We traveled with a group of around 25 people that we knew so it made it a lot of fun.

The port we left from was Miami. We stayed at the Hotel Clinton in South Beach which was right next to DASH!



The Sunday night before we left we walked around South Beach and ate dinner on Ocean Drive. I decided I am NOT a fan of Miami.At.All. Never want to go back there unless I am getting on another boat. One night was more than enough for me.

Monday we boarded the boat. This was Kenny and I's first cruise so we were interested to see if we were going to like it. This was the perfect opportunity because it was just a four days. The first day we stopped on Grand Bahama island and Kenny and I have been there before on Spring Break so I stayed on the boat to lay out and read. Which was my main goal for this vacation. To totally veg out, read books, and sleep.

The second day we ported at Great Stirrup Cape which is a private island owned by the cruise line we were on. So you just hopped on a little tender boat and they took you over to the island for the day. The water was GORGEOUS! I did more relaxing and reading.
Despite me slathering on 50 SPF every hour I was in the sun, I still managed to get sunburned. I think there is nothing I can do because I so rarely get sun and I am so fair skinned these days.

On the third day we ported at Nassau and took a catamaran to the middle of the ocean to snorkel. I love to snorkel but have no desire to go deeper or to scuba dive. Snorkeling is easy and is just fine by me.


After our sailing trip we went for lunch at Senor Frog. Ummm so I have never been to a Senor Frogs. There was some excellent guacamole and excellent people watching there.


Every afternoon our group would meet up on the boat and have drinks. It is here where I had many the pina colada which will make for a very depressing Weight Watchers Wednesday but we were on vacation so oh well.
Kenny and I had such a good vacation but were so anxious to get home to Elle. We missed her so incredibly much. When we turned on our phones back in Miami we started getting so many adorable pictures from friends and family who had spent the week with her.


More posts to come because not only did my wonderful mother keep Elle all week while we were gone but she also re-landscaped our yard. So before and after pictures this week!

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!!