Tuesday, May 10, 2011

GRADUATION AND A FABULOUS MOTHER'S DAY


This weekend was a huge weekend for our family. First off my sister, the career student herself, GRADUATED grad school with a Masters in Speech Pathology. Hooray!! And she landed a great job right here in Memphis to boot! We are so excited she will be here to continue to watch her niece who loves her grow up and well...for the free babysitting!

My mom arrived in town Friday so we could all celebrate. I cooked dinner and we all just hung out at home. However, Kenny did declare it to be not just Mother's Day but Mother's Day weekend and gave me my first gift from he and Elle. A gift card to Anthropologie. He knows me so well. I have purposely not stepped foot in that store since I started showing a preggy belly because this girl loves a cute new dress and I just would have been torturing myself. We are going on a trip here soon and I can't wait to pick out something new to wear.

On Saturday we all (including Elle) loaded up in the car to attend a reception for the graduates. It was fun to meet some of Annie's friends. It was so funny because we were all sitting listening to a speaker and Kenny was holding Elle and she might have been doing some kind of smelly unladylike things and Kenny was getting so embarrassed. Nobody knew but he was so worried. After the reception we grabbed some lunch at Trolley Stop Market and it was delicious.

Saturday night my extremley helpful friend Mollie agree to watch Elle so we could all four go out to a really nice dinner. Annie loves Italian food so I made reservations at Pasta Italia on the Collierville square. We had so much fun having drinks and talking. We also got a good laugh heading out of the restaurant when my mother ALMOST slipped and took out a little display table they had sitting outside. Luckily, she caught herself.

On Sunday, my mom headed home and Kenny, Elle and I went to the Majestic Grille for some brunch and a mimosa for Mommy. Before we left Kenny and Elle surprised me with Garnet stud earrings. Garnet is Elle's birthstone and the earrings were absolutely perfect. I like very simple jewelry and I would have picked these out for myself. They mean so much to me already and will always make me think of my first Mother's Day.After brunch since we were downtown we of had to act like tourists so we loaded Elle up in her stroller and went and look at the flood. It is supposed to crest tonight and hopefully it will start to recede very soon.

When we got home our friend Wilson came over to pull all of the bushes out in the front of our house because they died and we are about to re-landscape. Pictures to come in later post.

But Kenny made sure that I did not lift a finger all day and wanted me to just sit and relax and spend time with Elle. It really was such a special day and I can't wait to celebrate being Elle's mother for years to come.

And of course Happy Mother's Day to our moms!
My mom
Kenny's mom

No comments: