Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MOTHER OF THE YEAR - INSTALLMENT 1

I am saying Installment 1 because I am sure there are bound to be more instances where I try and beat myself up for something I did or didn't to. Elle has a long life ahead of her so stay tuned for more installments and feel free to laugh at me like I have learned to laugh at myself.

Yesterday I had Elle down on the floor and on her mat for some play time. I will sitting right next to her piddling on the computer. I was handing her toys and talking to her while she played.

I must of looked away for a second and then my phone rang and it was my mom. Leaning over to grab my phone and say hello I see it...

A HUGE HUGE SPIDER ON ELLE. HUGE! She had spit up on her outfit earlier so I had changed her into this little pale pink cotton onesie. And the stark contrast of that sweet little onesie and that wretched spider just hanging out on her belly. So I have my phone to my ear with my mother on the other end and I am fa-reaking out.

Luckily I managed to think fast. I grabbed a stack of post it notes nearby and brushed the spider off of Elle and then squashed it. I immdiately stripped her and checked all over her body for any bites. And thank goodness there were not any.

So now I am just having these horrible flash back images of that spider on her. And yes we get our house sprayed and our house does not have a bug problem. I have no idea where that spider came from and I shudder to think how long it crawled around near her.

The funniest thing about it. When I looked down and saw that spider she looked right back up at me all doe eyed with those big blue eyes and smiled. Had absolutely no idea that nasty old bug was on her.

No comments: