Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER


Yesterday was my birthday. And my new age makes me feel old. Because it so close to one that really makes me feel old! Sorry if that sounds ambiguous. I just still feel like a kid, or least a college kid. Ha! But I am not a college kid. I have a child of my own. I am a grown up!

However I will say that when I was younger and I thought about the future and this age my life is exactly where I thought it would be. Happily married, babies, a home, friends, jobs, family. It is a good life. A life where birthdays shouldn't be a depressing thing but a pat on the back and a chance to step back and appreciate everything our little family has achieved.

So it is only appropriate that yesterday was a great day. Elle and I met up with a close friend for a fabulous patio lunch. My sweet little elderly neighbor brought me a happy along with farmers market veggies and a birthday cake. I am having a veggie night! Can't wait to slather those maters with some mayo and cracked pepper. Kenny sent me flowers. Everyone I care about called me to wish me a happy birthday. Then ended the day with drinks, a delicious dinner and desserts with girlfriends on another patio.(Even blew out a candle in some creme brulee!) And finally came home to thank my amazing sister for babysitting and letting me go out with my friends and kissed my little girl good night. Outside of Kenny having to be out of town yesterday for business and not getting to spend the day with him it was one of the best birthdays I have had in a while.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lopez said...

I hope you had a great birthday! And by no way are you old!