Monday, January 28, 2013

TRYING TO STAY BUSY

BE SURE TO CHECK IN TOMORROW.  
I WILL BE GIVING AWAY A HUGE GIFT PACK OF CHEESE. 
YES CHEESE! MORE DETAILS TOMORROW!

Elle and I are trying really hard to stay busy to make the days go by faster in Hattiesburg. It is really helpful if we get out and try to do a fun outing every day.  On Friday the weather was gorgeous, definitely did not feel like January.  Elle and I ventured out to Hattiesburg's tiny little zoo.  

I have not been to this zoo since I was very young myself and had very low expectations because Memphis' zoo is so amazing.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Elle and I had great time.  It is a very small zoo but perfect for Elle's age.  They had a great train that went around the entire zoo so it was  pretty long train ride.  They also have a carousel and a jump house and of course some animals.  Not a whole lot of animals but enough to spend a few hours there playing and exploring.  Elle and I had a great morning together and she took a great nap that afternoon.  Isn't that always a sign of a successful morning.
 She looks a little peeved here but she loved the train ride and has been talking 
about it nonstop since that day.  We rode it twice!
 A little picnic lunch with the peacocks.  Elle thought they were so funny!

 Feeding the ducks was definitely a highlight.  We did that twice too.

She chose this horse, Pinky with the pink bridle both times we rode the carousel.

And I have to include this picture for memory purposes.  She is in a stage where she has very specific requests for bedtime.  Baby dolls, loveys and other friends and likes to wear shoes to bed.  I have had to go in after she is sleeping and move some of her things into a corner of the crib so that she can sleep comfortably.  I went in to peek on her the other night and this is how I found her.  I just melted. So sweet.  Also, in the morning when she wakes up in the morning she lays in her crib and talks and sings.  I hear "eeeeeiiiiieeeeiiiooo" over and over.  And then finally she says "mooooooommmmma open the door!" So I get up and go get her at that point.  I have to put these kind 
of things on the blog so I will remember them.  

No comments: