This is a church across the street from the church I was raised in, married in, and Elle was baptised in. Our church will now be letting them hold their services in our fellowship hall.
- Yesterday was the first day that I was able to drive through the parts of Hattiesburg that were hit by the tornado the hardest and I was really shocked. I have never seen tornado ravaged places in person. The most shocking part to me is driving down Hardy street and coming up on the University and there are just no trees. Most of the campus buildings survived but after a hard Katrina hit and now this tornado the campus has lost all their huge oak trees and looks so bare. It is so sad. I could only imagine how the students and alumni feel. I would be devastated if something like that happened to Mississippi State.
- Speaking of Mississippi State, we have two more weeks before we move to Starkville and I can't wait. Plus I am super proud of my school this week because they have been sending relief buses down here to Hattiesburg to help with the cleanup and that makes me so happy.
- Yesterday I got my hair cut from the guy who cut and colored my hair all through junior high, high school and most of college. It was weird coming back to him after so many years and I was really happy with it so I might start just getting my hair done whenever I come in town. And there is nothing like a little color and a trim to give you a little self esteem boost!
- I made a soup this week that I have been seeing a lot on Pinterest. You can find the recipe here. It wasn't mind blowing but very simple to make using the crock pot and was still pretty good.
- I also used pinterest for my complete inspiration for Elle's Valentine's this years and they turned out so cute. I was really pleased with them and received lots of compliments on them. Plus they were super simple to make. The holiday treat ideas are one of my absolute favorite things about Pinterest. Anyone can look creative and crafty. And don't worry I gave complete credit to Pinterest ha!
- And finally I bought Skyfall for Kenny on iTunes for a Valentine happy. We have decided to start buying all our movies on iTunes because we can watch them on Apple TV, our phones, and our iPads. It is where we buy all of Elle's shows and movies too. Anywhoo. I thought Skyfall was really good. I am not the biggest fan of Bond movies but this one wasn't so blowy uppy. (my terms)