Tuesday, August 30, 2016

DADDY'S BUSY WEEKEND

Thursday morning I left early with my two friends Margaret and Sarah to spend the weekend at the beach and I will do a little post on that next.  But I am a lucky girl in that I don't have to worry at all to leave the kids for a little but because Kenny is such an amazing Daddy and never misses a beat while I am gone!  This weekend he even had a couple of curveballs in our well laid plans! I was a few hours away from arriving at the beach when Elle's school called saying Elle was in the office crying and saying she wasn't feeling well.  So Kenny had to go pick her up.  I think she maybe had a tummy ache or was missing me and just wanted to come home.  She made a pretty quick recovery and was able to return to school Friday morning.  She had a little motivation to be well because she had a fun Saturday planned.

Elle had one of her classmates birthday parties Saturday morning and I had arranged for Elle to ride with a friend.  But the friend's mom texted me Saturday morning to tell me one of her children was sick.  So I tried to find her a ride with someone else but everyone was busy with our school's huge fundraiser later that day! So Kenny rolled with the punches and loaded up with Elle (in a princess dress no less) and Walker and headed to the party to hang with all the other moms! The party ended up being lots of fun and Walker ate his way through the entire thing from what I can gather from the pictures. 

After the party they all went home to rest and a babysitter came to keep Walker so Kenny could take Elle to Starkville Academy's Rodeo Roundup.  It is held at the horse park and they have lots of different types of jumpies, a bungee trampoline thing, pony rides, a train, silent auction and lots of other things. Kenny won a birthday party package at the gymnastics place where Elle wants to have her birthday party this year so that was win win!  We have always been out of town for it but it was a big hit this year.  They stayed the entire time and Elle saw lots of her friends and was a hot sweaty mess and totally worn out by the end of it! After the rodeo Elle and Kenny picked up a pizza and went home to eat and then went to bed early! I came home Sunday afternoon to two bathed kids, laundry done and the house clean!  Kenny is the best!

Here are some pictures of their weekend!
I always love these pictures on the golf cart!
They rode up to the club Friday evening because demolition of the pool has started and they wanted to check it out.  They grabbed some dinner to go while they were there too!

Walker ate Elle's cupcake since she doesn't really care for them!

Anna and Elsa from Frozen made an appearance.
Anna painting Elle's fingernails!
Walker enjoying an enormous marshmallow. Like I said he ate his way through the party.
Working on some Frozen artwork.
Violet and Elle.  
Walker passed out after all the morning excitement.
Ready to head into the rodeo!
Pony ride!
My friends were sweet enough to take a picture of Kenny and Elle and send it to me.

Off to the jumpies!
Riding the train! Hot and sweaty but all smiles!

No comments: