Thursday, August 18, 2016

BACK TO SCHOOL

After the last couple of weeks and all the preparations and excitement that went into Elle and Walker going back to school I have decided that I just love the back to school stuff!  I love all the lead up to finding out who your teacher will be (okay I may hate that part). Finding out who will be in their class, meeting the new teachers, getting the school supplies together! I love how excited Elle has been to start kindergarten! But most of all I love just getting back to into a routine! It makes me feel like the weather is going to cool off, even it if it isn't! I love getting to see my friends again at the gym and at bible study or at PDO pick up and Elle gets to start ballet and gymnastics this year. 

It is just a super fun time of year and it means life is going to get crazy and football is just weeks away! So we have been super busy doing all those things I just mentioned so of course I have lots of pictures! Elle started school late this year but Walker moved into the lady bug room at the beginning of August! He has been doing great and I think his teachers just love him.  They have told me at pick up that he is happy all the time and just does whatever they ask him to.  I know he is loving it to because this class is a lot more active and get to play outside twice a morning I think! He is going three mornings a week and that is great for all of us!

Walker on his first morning as a lady bug!  I love that you can see Elle and I trying to get him to pose in the glass door!


Elle with some of her friends at a birthday party for her friend Miriam who just moved to Columbus!

The Sunday evening we got home from Ross Bridge Elle's kindergarten class had a popsicle party at the park.  I picked up her friend Violet to go with us because her parents were out of town and we grabbed some dinner after the party at Cookout.  We just got a Cookout in Starkville and it is delish!
Violet and Elle

The week before school started, ballet started back and this year a lot of Elle's friends that used to take in the morning class are now all in her class.  This group of girls are so fun and crazy together and I cannot wait for the recital already!
Jane, Audrey, Elle, Abigail, Mary Mack and Ella.
Starting to get silly.
Group hug!

Kenny and I attende the parent orientation one night and then Elle went and met her teacher on Friday morning.  Her teacher is very well loved by all the parents and we are so excited to have her this year! Elle is only a couple days in and already seems to adore her!
Mrs. Wendy Walter and Elle

It was finally time for the first day of school! I was up bright and early because I was hosting a "BooHoo and Bagels" party at my house for a lot of our friends.  I managed to get it all set up and take Elle's picture and get her to school with time to spare.  She was excited to get there too so that helped! On the first day you can walk them in and I love to do this! I cried a little when I got back into the car.  Not because she will be at school all day but more because this is the start of her schooling and she will be a senior in a blink of an eye.  
My sweet kindergartner!

Posing with our backpack!
My favorite pose!

The party went great and everyone told me they had lots of fun! I decided to do it at the last minute but it was easy enough to throw together so I may do it again next year!
Boo Hoo and Bagels set up!

The coffee which everyone drank themes of had not arrived via Kenny yet!
Tissues!
Walking in to her class.
At her table with one of her friends Collier.
One last one before I left.  She wasn't nervous at all.

The first couple of days Mrs. Wendy asked a couple of parents to come each day to help with lunch since they were just learning how to do things in the cafeteria.  I volunteered to come on Wednesday and loved being able to do it because I love seeing Elle at school.  She is always super happy to have me there too!
This was the first day and my friend sent me this picture. That was the music teacher and they were doing the chicken dance!
Lunch time!

Picture with my sweet girl!

No comments: