Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BATHROOM BEFORE AND AFTER

So I have always had a thing for old houses. I love how quaint they are and how they can have so much charm. So when Kenny and I found our house we fell in love with our little starter home. What we DID NOT fall in love with was the bathrooms. Extremely outdated! Our bathrooms were victims of the colored tile. I am not even going to show you our master because we will have to completely and 100% gut that one. But the hall bath was a little easier of a fix.

The green is not totally offensive and we were so lucky in that the tile really was in great condition. So we lived with it for a while.


I called up a company here in the Memphis area that refinishes old bathtubs and tile. What they do is the treat the tile and then re glaze it to a more appropriate color and it is much more cost efficient than knocking out all the tile. It takes three days and makes your house smelly. But they did such a great job.

Here are some pictures from after they finished but I had not painted the walls yet.



Next I found an adorable Pottery Barn shower curtain and had Lowe's match a paint color to it. I picked brown to make the colors from the curtain and the white tile pop. Then I also spray painted the mirror frame a metallic silver to match all the other fixtures in the bathroom. Please pardon my toilet lid being up. I really should of put a little more thought into it. Ha!

As always pictures do not totally do it justice.

So what do you think??? Better than that green right!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good for y'all! We did our bathroom re-do last year, and while we kept that lovely green tile, we had the sink refinished and replaced the green toilet. Anything's better than TOTALLY green. Gotta love some old character though!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I am SO impressed with your revamp. Awesome, awesome work!

Kelly said...

The bathroom looks great! Our house was built in the late 90's and while it ceratinly isn't old it is still alittle outdated. We have just started updating our light fixtures from gold to bronze and then we are going to do the kitchen. Great job and I love the new paint color!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

oh i love it! It looks awesome! I'm so glad you love that shower curtain

Anonymous said...

I love it! Miss you guys and hope to see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

The green looked much better. You have a total lack of balls going with a boring brown. And the lame old-granny flower pattern? What's up with that?