Monday, July 27, 2009

EXHAUSTED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Kenny and I took off from work Thursday and Friday to head to Atlanta (where my family lives) for my cousin Pamela's wedding. She is marrying an amazing boy named Cullen and we were so excited to be able to attend all of the amazing festivities. While I did not get pictures from the entire weekend. I am TERRIBLE AT taking pictures I did get some fun ones at the wedding.

Thursday night after driving most of the day. My Aunt Pam and Uncle Mike hosted a small get together for family, a few out of town guests, and my cousin's bridesmaids. It was a lot of fun getting to meet all of Pamela's closest friends.

On Friday, we attended the bridal luncheon at Piedmont Driving Club. It was so gorgeous! The rehearsal dinner was held at Chastain Horse Park. The weather was perfect for a cocktail out on the porch. My aunt had even arranged to have some riders come and trot their beautiful horse around. That is the picture of the back of the club. So fun. After the rehearsal dinner there was an after party at this little building called the American Legion post that was so so fun and cute. American quilts as table clothes, with little old ladies passing out home made peach ice cream and a band. We probably stayed out a little too late that night but it was so worth it.

The day of the wedding we spent just lounging around and eating lunch. ( I needed something greasy.) Then that night the wedding was at this beautiful old Presbyterian Church where my aunt and uncle were married and the reception was at the Atlanta History Center and it was GORGEOUS!!!! And I actually have pictures of this night so enjoy. Please look at how pretty my cousin's dress was!

Different arrangements on every table but so pretty.  Please ignore all the empty banana pudding glasses.  That stuff was good.

The entrance when you came in.

Loved her dress so much!

Mom, sister, and me.

My other cousin, Lindsay in green.  She is getting married in March so we will get to do this all over again!
My aunt and MOB dancing with the band on the dance floor.
The band had called all the girls on stage.


After the wedding we went and had some drinks but Kenny and I were fading fast. So needless to say exhausted was an understatement on Sunday. We were so tired but we had to get on the road early because we had tickets to see the American Idol concert.

So we got home late Sunday afternoon and headed to the concert about two hours later. I think I might of been a walking zombie but the concert was AWESOME. It was so good. This season was really so incredibly talented. Most of them played instruments and their singing was phenomenal. The forum was packed and people were going crazy for Adam Lambert. The whole thing was a little nuts but so much fun.

I am definitely not feeling like myself today. I am so totally out of it. But it is all because of such a fun weekend.

1 comment:

CBK said...

LOVE your dress from the wedding! So cute!