Monday, July 6, 2009

EXTREMELY PRODUCTIVE LONG WEEKEND.....STILL TIRED

We were so busy this weekend. But I cannot even begin to tell you how big of a relief it is to have accomplished so much as far as things we wanted to do on the house.

Thursday night we went to Wicked. It was amazing. I had made sure that no one would tell me what happened at the end. Because despite how many times I have listened to the soundtrack I did not know how it all wrapped up. Needless to say I was surprised. I loved it all and I am so sad it is over. Wicked was the last of our Orpheum season tickets and we decided not to renew this year and just go to the plays we wanted to see. So sad. Here is the view from our seat before it started.
Friday was our work day. My mom and I (mom mostly) worked our tails off getting stuff done to my house. We painted the bathroom (before and afters to come soon), caulked and painted trim, organized four closets, hung curtains, painted the bathroom mirror a new color. We were sooo busy but everything looks soooo good. I am so pleased. Plus for an OCD girl like me having things organized is almost an euphoric feeling.

EDITED TO ADD: MY SISTER HUNG MY CURTAINS. THANK YOU SISTER.

Friday night we went to eat at Humdingers for you Memphis girls. This place was really good. Very casual you order at the counter and they bring it to you but it was so yum. Kenny and I got the shrimp tacos with a side of zucchini. It is now one of our favorites. Here is the menu.After dinner we went to see Transformers. It was long and loud. (I sound so old) But it was entertaining.

Saturday my sister and Kenny went kayaking while my mom and I did more stuff around the house. I told you we were busy. Then that afternoon we headed downtown early to have drinks and burgers at Huey's before going to the Redbirds game. Luckily we were in no hurry because they were slammed and service was so slow. This is how you can find my sister a lot lately. Staring at her iPhone.

Then we met our friends Susan and Andrew at the game. Andrew had been gracious enough to score us some tickets and we all sat together. The game was a lot of fun but it got so muggy by the end of the night. It was H-O-T! At one point Susan bought some cracker jacks which in my opinion have gotten much better in quality.This is where we found the prize. And decided it was extremely lame and not fun at all. After the game that went into extra innings they had a great firework show. I love fireworks. So American don't ya think!
Sunday was more chores. My mom and sister left early so I went grocery shopping, Kenny and I organized and cleaned out the shed. We threw away so much stuff and would you believe it was all gone by nightfall. People just kept coming by and taking it. I took some clothes to get some alterations and Kenny mowed the yard. It was another busy day and I have to say I am a little worn out today.

As for Menu Monday I did meal plan this week but it was a lot of repeat recipes. I do have one new recipe that I am trying and if it is good I will be sure to post it. Sorry for the long post. Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July.

3 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

Looks like a great weekend!! The Redbirds games are so much fun.

Unknown said...

Ummm, I do believe your kind sister hung your curtains, and that was not mentioned. Thanks.

The Mrs. said...

I loooved Wicked to death. TO DEATH! Popular is my favorite song ever!