Thursday, October 7, 2010

COOKIN IN THE KITCHEN

So while I haven't been posting my normal Menu Mondays I have been trying out new recipes and cooking week night dinners. We kind of have to work around some of my aversions that are hanging around that have mostly to do with chicken and other meats. But in some cases I have been able to make it work. Here are some of the recipes that have been a hit!


Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers courtesy of an amazing website Gina's Skinny Taste These were so good. Its almost like a chicken chili stuffed in a pepper more so than your standard rice and tomato mixture. The boys I was feeding loved them!

Pizza Calzones using Crescent dough.I am not sure where I found this recipe. I know it was on some one's blog. So I am so sorry that I cannot give credit where credit is due. But I made these last night and Kenny and I both liked them and felt like next time we would get even more creative with the stuffing ingredients.


My mom is headed into town tomorrow night so I am throwing this Spinach Baked Ziti together tonight for dinner tomorrow. Another great recipe provided by Gina over at Skinny Taste

As soon as it got a smidge cooler I had to make a big pot of taco soup. I love making this on Sunday's because it is fun to eat it in my cute pottery chili bowls and watch football. Then I divide the leftovers into freezable containers for more Sundays to come. This is my go to tacos soup recipe that is extremely simple. I always double all the canned ingredients though. It makes more and I prefer my soups and chili's to have more beans than meat.

No comments: